Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 tdi executive with 66k. I bought this about a month ago. The seat and mirror go to a different setting at random when I unlock the car. The memory settings do not want to work, so I haven't been able to put in a memory setting.
Also while idling I get a random bobble, not sure if that is normal for these engines or I have an injector issue.
If I purchased the scanner, would I be able to reset the seats and see if an injector is having an issue?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I don't recall if the 2012 has the same RNS options as my 2014, but on mine, you can "disable" the key\seat memory function in the menus.

Random shakes could be a lot of things.... if it's an injector or something serious, it would most likely throw a code.

The VCDS is almost a must if you want to know what's going on with your vehicle or if you intend on doing any maintenance\troubleshooting yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't recall if the 2012 has the same RNS options as my 2014, but on mine, you can "disable" the key\seat memory function in the menus.

Random shakes could be a lot of things.... if it's an injector or something serious, it would most likely throw a code.

The VCDS is almost a must if you want to know what's going on with your vehicle or if you intend on doing any maintenance\troubleshooting yourself.
I have disabled the function for the seat now. It's frustrating that I can't get it work. It did work once when I bought it. Picked it up in Texas and drove back to Michigan. Now it's stuck on that setting. I don't want to gangster lean all the time! Lol it was nice for multiple hours but not day to day.
I have tried running the seat full forward and back, max out in all positions but won't light up the "set" function to hold the setting.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
You only hold the set button for 2 sec or something until it starts flashing...... then you hit your desired memory button
If your set LED doesn't activate, you more than likely have a malfunctioning set switch......
If you've deactivated the memory\key function, your seat shouldn't go back to any "gangsta" lean
If it still does, I'd suspect that one of the memory buttons is "stuck".... look at them closely

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing