Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Vag-com supports any other operating system besides Windows, my windows Laptop hardly runs anymore and I am not looking the replace it. My wife has a Macbook Pro.. Or could a tablet do the trick? Or am I stuck buying a new PC (Will the latest windows 10 work)?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
557 Posts
It needs windows. Won't run on a VM on a Mac, but i think it will run with paralles. Best idea, buy a cheap win laptop just for this.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that appears to be my best bet.. Looking at their site they do have a mobile software but the interface seems somewhat limited and would require a new purchase.

Guess it is time to go Craigslist shopping.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
I have it running on my MacBook Pro via bootcamp. Works just fine that way, but yes it will only work on Windows.

Reactions: lml999

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm thinking of a cheap laptop i can use for this, and as a garage laptop too. Something i can stream music from the NAS while i'm 'working' in the garage :)

I had thought about one of the windows 10 tablets, but none have a full sized USB.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I run VAG-COM on my Mac (a recent Air) using VMWare Fusion. Works fine. I also picked up a cheap HP Windows 10 tablet and am running it on that too. I think it runs faster on the tablet.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Which tablet? Is it safe to assume you're using a usb B to micro usb cable?
IIRC, it's an HP Stream 8 running Windows 10. Yep, I'm using the USB to micro USB adapter, along with the standard Ross Tech cable. Works like a champ!

·
Administrator
4,328 Posts
I have run VCDS on a MacBook Air under Parallels and VMWare Fusion with Windows 7 and it worked well. I now use a Surface Pro tablet under Windows 10.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I'm running my VCDS on an Acer 10" touchscreen "laptop" which is really just a Windows 10 tablet with a stick on keyboard. But it works well for what I need it to do. It's my dedicated "tuning" device since I also have TunerPro for my GM fuel injection programming.

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is what i need to do as well. I don't want to keep using my good laptop for this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts