Club Touareg Forum banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a question for anyone who has late model 2006 V10 and uses Vag-com. I am using a Hex+Can dongle, when I go into the engine option I see Adv. Meas. Values grayed out. So my question is
a) Is this option available for our model of Treg
b) If it is how do I get it enabled.

I am trying to measure soot and ash values to see if the DPF needs cleaning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have a VAG-COM VAG 17 HEX+CAN Dual-K & CAN USB
Interface for VCDS
Rev. B
I'm In Tamarac Florida.

Have my laptop all set up with the latest VCDS Release 19.6
Was a mechanic for almost 30 years Specialized in Electronics, Driveability diagnostics and pre-lemon law vehicles.
I do computer repairs since 2001
My pet project is my 2004 T1 getting all my data ready to reset and re-code most of the circuits and modify some.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hi yerit,

Looks like you and I have about the same vehicle. During your research for recoding the electronics on your 2004 I's appreciate it if you could let me know if there is a way to turn OFF the driver's side airbag - I keep getting the beep and the warning symbol and apparently there is no way to fix it on my car [seat connector fixing doesn't work]. I'd rather just disconnect the airbag permanently and be done with it - just like it was never installed.
Also, is there any way to turn off the audible warning and symbol when the passenger airbag is NOT armed [I never have someone sitting in the passenger side and I DON'T want to know the airbag won't work when it is not supposed to.] Someone did something similar for my driver side seatbelt so I do NOT get the warning when I don't have the belt connected while driving - a good thing for short trips.
Keep in touch.
Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
OK so some on here know that I've been using a clone VCDS on my Treg for ~1yr now. I've noticed that w/some modules that either the ASAM file or .rod file is either missing or not available.
Knowing I couldn't update the clone product I have or be hooked up to the web when using it I realized I would not be able to have it reinstall these files.
All the modules work per say. The only thing I've noticed is that when locking the vehicle with the FOB the red LED blinks 7 times fast, then flashes at a faster than normal rate.
With that said I have finally broken down and purchased a genuine Ross-Tech VCDS cable today. Being I'm not far from where they are in PA. I think it should be here within the week(hopefully).
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get and install the files that seem to be missing from certain control modules with it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got mine about 2 or 3 days from the time I ordered them and I'm in New York. Mine was registered and ready to go and I finally put it to use and uploaded my very first scans on this forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

301 - 316 of 316 Posts
About this Discussion
315 Replies
253 Participants
suave6565
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing