Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I found out that the vacuum pipe (7l6611932d) on my 2004 V10 cracked and prevented my brake booster from getting a proper vacuum.

I read some guys replaced their pipe with a silicone vacuum hose. It seems the installation thereof would be easier - the removal of the original did not go easily, cannot imagine what reinstalling one would mean...

My question: what kind of silicone hoses did you install? Interior diameter 9mm and external 12mm? Most importnatly: are you not worried the inherently softer silicone hoses will get "crushed" by the vacuum?

Best,

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
When your vacuum lines go bad def replace them with silicone vacuum tubing. Use someone like this: Verocious Platinum Cured Silicone Vacuum Hose - Sold by the Foot

I'm not sure of your exact diameter but I'm sure you could easily find out or ask the dealer

Silicone will not crush under most vacuum usages BUT you cannot use silicone for your primary vacuum line for your brake booster

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you mean I should not use silicone for my primary vacuum line you mean the entire length that runs from the tandem pump (V10) to the brake booster?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yes that huge thick vacuum line MUST be reinforced rubber brake specific line

Reactions: VD-CH

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly don't have the know how to deal with that. I think I'll buy the OEM piece and try to fit it again. Thanks for clarifying, you saved me from making a big mistake!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
My man. Always swooping in for the kill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts