Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
has anyone had issues with vacum leaks in t1 ??
my mechanic just taped up split ends but they seem to have degraded over time, just noticed the other day a bit of hissing coming out of some hoses..
have u replaced with silicone hose,? or other similar material ? not in the mood of paying hundreds for oem ones
does anyone have any specs for replacement hose ,i read somewhere here its 10mm.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Tear down all the hard plastic hoses and replace with silicone hoses. They start crumbling over time. 4 mm for the small plastic hose. Remove all the protection and replace down to the vacuum tank. I even relocated the vacuum tank and valves to the side on my 04 vr6. I'll post a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Read this thread to the end. You have some good info there. See the relocation of the vacuum tank at the end.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Just be careful as there is a brake booster hose which is 12mm internal diameter going to the vacuum pump. That hose needs to be 15/32 brake booster hose. Don’t use a standard silicone one. Alternative hose is Gates 27233. I’m getting one to replace the brake booster hard plastic hoses and valves. The hissing means you have a bad pcv. Check the thread above and get a new pcv. OE goes for about 140$w ebay one is around 30. It’s up to you. I put in an aliexpress one to test. Mine was torn. I will get a new diaphragm from eBay and keep it in the trynk. You don’t have to replace the whole thing. Just the diaphragm will do. But you need to be careful not to break the tabs when removing the top part. See my thread for pics.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Here is the link for the pcv rubber membrane for the 3.2.
I don’t know why I’m assuming you have a 3.2. Please add you treg info to have more accurate answers.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Tear down all the hard plastic hoses and replace with silicone hoses. They start crumbling over time. 4 mm for the small plastic hose. Remove all the protection and replace down to the vacuum tank. I even relocated the vacuum tank and valves to the side on my 04 vr6. I'll post a link.

This, all the way. Silicone hoses for sure! Do all of them while you're in there.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
Silicon hoses are much better. Temperature resilient, imperviousness to oil, comes in fancy colours. Not usually put on cars because of the cost. Except vacuum hose for vacuum booster, they run at higher vacuum neg pressure so most thin wall silicon hose will collapse

·
Registered
91 Posts
I replaced my PCV valve with a brand new Febi who is apparently the OEM on these. I paid $55 for it and haven't had a CEL since. I also used 3M rubber tape around the cracked ends of the plastic pipes and as has been said, replace w vac hose where you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts