Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My V8 has done approx 1,200 miles so far and I'm already aware of how much better the engine is when compare to before. Wonder how much does the motor improve and at what milage should I consider the engine completely run-in? I'd like to hear from other V8 owners. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
If the V8 is like the V6 - the next phase of improved engine action will be a 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What do you mean "improvement"? What do you mean "better than before"? What do you think will get better with more miles?

Could you be more specific?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trimmer2 said:
What do you mean "improvement"? What do you mean "better than before"? What do you think will get better with more miles?

Could you be more specific?
Well, the improvements that I've noticed can be summurised in 2 areas:

1. Fuel consumption. The first 1000km gave an average of 24.7L/100km (sorry, I work in metric) but it has since gone down to 22.4L/100km. Still heavy but rather more acceptable.

2. Smoothness & power. I've noticed that the power came on stronger & sooner. There was previously a zone between 2200-2800rpm which the engine feel kind of flat. The car also pick up with less drag. Perviously the car moan & groan a bit when starting (especially noticable on a slow hill start). This however, maybe due to me adapting a different driving style to suit the car (I previously owned a 2.7T allroad) and all components bedding in.

Hope this clear up the question for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
22 - 24 l/100Km? That seems high - but I guess would be the case in driving around Hong Kong. My V8 has done 3000km and I am getting 14.2l/100km on my daily commute. 5km City, 20 km freeway.

The power band is absolutely addictive in this car. Many times I step on the accelerator and is shocked that I have come up so close to the car in front. :evil_laugh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shawgoh said:
22 - 24 l/100Km? That seems high - but I guess would be the case in driving around Hong Kong. My V8 has done 3000km and I am getting 14.2l/100km on my daily commute. 5km City, 20 km freeway.

The power band is absolutely addictive in this car. Many times I step on the accelerator and is shocked that I have come up so close to the car in front. :evil_laugh:
Unfortunately it is both hilly and congested here so there are a lot of start/stop situation. Perth is flat like a pancake when compare to Hong Kong. :cry:

One of the Touareg owner here is getting 22L/100km and he has a V6 so I am not surprised with what I am getting at the moment... #-o

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.