Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
yeah...nah. VW won't do it from the factory. That motor is now out of production....(queue the Funeral March for the Touareg R Line).

I waiting (holding my breath, going red in the face) for the 3.0Lt TDI V6. Now...that would wipe the floor of Ford/Mazda/Toyota. That motor with the 8 speed box...phwoar.

·
Registered
786 Posts
yeah...nah. VW won't do it from the factory. That motor is now out of production....QUOTE]

The V8 TDI is out of production?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
yeah...nah. VW won't do it from the factory. That motor is now out of production....(queue the Funeral March for the Touareg R Line).

I waiting (holding my breath, going red in the face) for the 3.0Lt TDI V6. Now...that would wipe the floor of Ford/Mazda/Toyota. That motor with the 8 speed box...phwoar.
Correct, in part...the existing V8 is being phased out as it doesn't meet latest Euro spec.

However the V8 diesel will be returning in a smaller capacity 4L with turbo's (compressors) driven electrically, not by exhaust gasses).

This engine is soon to appear in the Audi SQ7, and will find a home in the Porker Cayenne and VW Treg.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
Correct, in part...the existing V8 is being phased out as it doesn't meet latest Euro spec.

However the V8 diesel will be returning in a smaller capacity 4L with turbo's (compressors) driven electrically, not by exhaust gasses).

This engine is soon to appear in the Audi SQ7, and will find a home in the Porker Cayenne and VW Treg.
Then I'm back in the game (of looking for a Touareg 7L replacement in 2 or 3 years)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yep, the new 4lt V8 might be worth the wait... 320kw and 900 Nm... that would tow the van ok...

"The second turbine is only activated at higher loads. An electric powered compressor (EPC) augments the work of the two turbochargers, particularly in the lower engine speed range, providing for extremely dynamic off-the-line performance.”

The SQ7 TDI’s e-compressor system relies on a 48-volt electrical subsystem and performance outputs are 320kW of power and a beefy 900Nm of torque between just 1000 and 3250rpm, which is less than the old 368kW/1000Nm Q7 6.0 V12 TDI but enough for Audi to claim it’s the world’s most powerful diesel SUV.

The new SQ7 will join Audi Australia’s Q7 line-up in the third quarter of this year, followed by a cheaper new entry-level 160kW version of the V6 diesel-powered Q7 3.0 TDI later this month, before the plug-in Q7 TDI e-tron goes on sale here late this year."

"...Audi says its most powerful Q7, which was spied testing at the Nurburgring last June, delivers outstanding standing-start acceleration and a stunning 0-100km/h time (for a two-tonne-plus vehicle) of just 4.8 seconds. Top speed is limited to 250km/h.

Despite the epic performance, the SQ7 consumes diesel at the rate of just 7.4L/100km on Europe’s NEDC test cycle, which equates to 312g/km of CO2 emissions."

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
No "blue pill" needed for this beast then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts