Club Touareg Forum banner

V6TDI Touareg Alternator output

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Armdlo 
#1 ·
Does anyone(Neil) know the alternator output of the current build, well 07 I mean. Also how do i confirm what Kw output my motor has,( apart from a dyno) dealer told me I had the extra Kw upgrade but vehicle ID sticker in boot says 165kw

#2 ·
Armdlo,
can not help you with the output of the alternator but Volkswagen Wolfsburg announced that the V6TDI engine would be updated with 10% more power for vehicles produced from 5th November 2007 (built from week 45 of production). Your dealer should have this information on their records, it is just a simlpe (well nothings is ever simple with VW Aust) matter of looking up your VIN and they will tell if you have the upgraded motor or not.

#3 ·
Upgraded?

Thanks FD
I agree seems simple but dealers are a funny lot, I think the participants of these forums know more than the stealers. I did ask that question( vin should identify) but somehow Im not convinced. My service manager did say that they, VW ag install these mods and changes and then nominate a date or build week once they are up and running, hope so.
Also of interest he said he has pages of upgrades to do on customers vehicles that have just missed out on a particular upgrade, even as far as replacing twin turbo,s on the V10. Reason, to "maintain customer good will". Things are looking up for VW Aust.?? Perhaps8)

#4 ·
Hello Armdlo
have a look at your vehicle's service schedule booklet (1.1) the first page should have your vehicle data in a stick on sheet.
Look along the first line on the 2.5mm text, you should have something like X8C starting this line. The 2nd last trigram should read D1T or D1D. Which one is it?
Now to your alternator. It would most likely be 190A if you have the code 8GH, found 2 more lines down 2nd from the right side.

The trigrams or PR numbers will tell you everything your vehilce is fitted with, if you want to decode this information PM me with the details you have and I will send you back with some information. This is the stuff your dealer should provide to you but most won't or can't bother.

#5 ·
Hello Armdlo
have a look at your vehicle's service schedule booklet (1.1) the first page should have your vehicle data in a stick on sheet.
Look along the first line on the 2.5mm text, you should have something like X8C starting this line. The 2nd last trigram should read D1T or D1D. Which one is it?
Now to your alternator. It would most likely be 190A if you have the code 8GH, found 2 more lines down 2nd from the right side.

The trigrams or PR numbers will tell you everything your vehilce is fitted with, if you want to decode this information PM me with the details you have and I will send you back with some information. This is the stuff your dealer should provide to you but most won't or can't bother.
FlipperDog are you still around, ir seems I never got back to you, re the D1T, yes mine is that. Thanks for that info and the alternator. You did send me the PR list.
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.