Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, hoping to get some insight on my problem. So a month or so ago treg wouldn't start, interior electricals all fine, reading 14v , engine just wont turn over. At this time it also wasn't recognizing us pushing the brake pedal. Had to get it towed to local mechanic, who spent 3 weeks trying to find/diagnose the issue. He replaced battery and brake switch, and fixed what he said was a loose wire. It worked for a few days, then died again. Having read many posts on this forum and being quasi literate in electrics i got a 12v/50A 4 pin relay from a wrecker and could reproduce the issue at will, new relay, engine starts, old 433 fails to start. Good i thought. It wasn't a genuine vw relay but seemed a temp solution at least. Now another week later, same problem, doesn't seem to be the relays anymore as i have tested it , ~70 ohms and closes contacts when 12v applied. And its back saying to apply brake even though i now have a right thigh like Arnie... I have ordered replacement genuine vw 167 and 433 relays , but i fear the electrics in this car are purely there to make money for vw service centers. Any pointers on what else i should check, i saw some posts about another fuse a white 25 or was it 50. ? but i cant find it anymore ... or was it 50.

Oh one other thing i noticed, is that with ignition on after about 30secs the radiator fans will come on.

Also reading obd codes seems to give random/every code in the book , never twice the same thing.

many thanks
Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 08 toureg is doing same thing. Had relay 433's replaced 3 months ago. Now it's doing same thing. Did you solve your issue somehow?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts