Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a 2007 V6 TDI 225hp stock.
It has a remap and it is 273hp now according dyno graph.

Idea is for little more power.
Engine is CATA and from what I've seen darksidedevelopments have a hybrid called Darkside GTB2566VK.
They claim it can make 320-330hp just with DPF delete, intercooler upgrade and tune.
Is that right, is stock fueling system enough for that power?
Also should I go with electronic actuator turbo or vacuum one?
How is the stock turbo controlled?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/dpf-removal-delete/

Never seen this claim before.

You'll have to take the tuner's word for the output numbers and, if it's what you want, go for it but take lots of pictures and let us know how you get on.

Given the location of the tuners, you'd also be better off posting your enquiry on the UK Touareg site: www.mytreg.com

·
Registered
208 Posts
V6TDI's have a electronic actuator, don't know if you can retrofit a vacuum one.

You can make 400HP if you want.The only thing is that your turbo and engine will die after 10000km and your consumption will raise to 20L/100.
Stock fueling system is good for 30HP gain. You can go further but the injection time will take longer so the consumption and black smoke will increase.
You can raise your rail pressure, but your HPFP will wear earlier.
I wouldn't modify the rail pressure. Get bigger injector nozzles instead. Together with a good turbo system and remap, you'll be safe i think.

·
Banned
3,336 Posts
Let us know what it costs to repair a destroyed HPFP on that engine of yours, and how long it lasts after the mods. The Bosch CP4.2 HPFP is fragile right from the get go, before you even start pushing it for more fuel delivery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts