Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve had the swirl flap issue for a while and am about to tackle overhauling the inlet manifolds with new components. Was looking at engine to identify fuel pressure regulating valve and noted what appears to be coolant leaking from a pipe coming out of block which feeds back into coolant reservoir. I suspect the hose and clamps need replacing but I’m not sure if I need genuine part or if I can use generic hose. Any idea? Pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would clean all the dried coolant off the hose to determine if the leak is between the plastic fitting and the hose or the plastic fitting itself.

If it is between the hose and the fitting, a new hose clamp may be all you need. The original metal clamp I believe is a use-only-once type.

What do you intend to do with the swirl flap issue?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Theoretically you could use a generic hose, but that will not have bends at specific places, which would ensure that the hose will not rub against anything and is avoiding hot areas of the engine bay. You could try experimenting with cable ties, but those might also restrict flow or bent the things you bind it to to wrong places.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cleaned it up as Jim recommended and found a pin hole sized leak in pipe. Ordered new pipe and clamps. Thanks for advice

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw that. So you just start the pump in the tank, crack the nut on the fuel line you’ve just put back on then crank the pump with your hand then do other side? Looks like it could get messy so I might keep as backup option should the first method fail. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts