Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
So today 2km from home first thing this morning, going into a corner I see white smoke"" out the back. I was under breaking doing 20Km, so I did not feel any mis"- firing. Is this the EGR dumping into the exhaust and or inlet?

The car is not going anywhere until I figure this out. (I might disconnect the ERG pipe to get it to the Steeler). I do not keep an eye on the coolant level however it is always as max today its at min?

Any ideas????

·
Registered
206 Posts
@SteveL - You have a BKS engine and I do recall the stealer telling me that this coolant EGR issue was only occurring on later CASA (176 KW) models. This was at about the time Brent was getting his first one done. I reckon you are lucky here and have dodged the issue?
CASA for me... So is there a recall/TSB for this issue yet?

Starting to get a little paranoid as I have strange fault codes & issues as well, and EGR is one suspect:
http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f93/engine-light-lit-glow-plug-light-blinking-and-limp-mode-244969.html

Probably have to keep an eye on the coolant levels just in case.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I posted on another thread related to erratic temperature guage which i originally created but I think I should add it here as the problem is egr cooler failure and was alerted by searching "coolant loss" and what the results could be by not getting it checked. Looking at info on here last posts were 2016 and seem to be related to tregs built prior to 2011. Mine is built 2012. Seems a long time without any further reports. Looking through these posts the only warnings seems to be the low coolant light and not doing further investigating could be disasterous. Its an expensive repair quoted $A3,000 however its cheaper than an engine replacement
Steve

41 - 43 of 43 Posts