Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
new to the forum (uk based)

I picked up my Touareg 3 months ago - really pleased with it - very quick compared to my last car (volvo xc90) its got 130 000 miles on it but good service history and is in lovely condition.

but ....

Yeaterday the warning came on for the dpf filter being full. so i took it for a blast out the motorway thinking it would do an automatic regen. However after 10 mins the engine light came on (yellow - not red) and it restricted power but would still manage 60mph on the flat. then after a bit the coil light startes flashing and it went into limp mode.

Turned it off and then on and it started back at the beginning - but after 10 mins would be back in limp mode.

engine idles fine, still very smooth.

Is there anything im doing wrong? or is there another way to force this. In my volvo i just had to hammer it up the motorway for 30 mins and all seemed well, but it is a slightly more agricultural vehicle.

any advice is useful before i head to a garage and get it plugged in.

thanks
Liam

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Have you checked the inlet manifold? the inlet horn & butterfly valve inlet manifold for a build up of soot & oil crud.It probably wouldn't turn the Mil but still worth checking as it could be restricting things further up. At 60k mine was half blocked.

(2) Soot inlet manifold. | Volkswagen Touareg Forum (mytreg.com)

You need a VCDS scan to see what is going on. Engine basic settings has a option ( I think) for forced DPF regen. Some faults stop the Regen from starting which should be automatic. Post the scan on the Ross tech forums, they are very helpful.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI Executive white/terracotta
142 Posts
If you force a regen and drive on the highway for 30 mins and you cant get the CEL/EPC to stop throwing, your DPF is clogged and will require replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the car back from the garage, it turned out to be the Mass air flow sensor faulty and the air filter was filthy (was supposed to have been services before I bought it in nov)
running like a charm now.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Excellent news that it is fixed. Would a faulty MAF & a dirty air filter turn the DPF light on? erm imho no but I am not an expert like your garage.

Still worth checking the inlet manifold for a build up of crud. Mine was also running well plenty of power but it ran even better with even more power once cleaned out. Its easy DIY to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts