Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
I would go to VW.com and option the V6 with leather etc to bring it up to the level of the V8, drive both and decide if eh2-3K premium is worth it. Personally, I am very happy with my V8 stripper with only the upgraded stereo and xenons. No air suspension or nav system to fail.

· Registered
14 Posts
I have a well equiped V6, air, xenon, leather, locking rear diff. A little harder to find some options with a V6. If you tow, you should get the V8. If you need to be the fastest one on the road, get the V8. My V6 pulls just fine up any mountain highway i have driven here in Colorado, at the speed limit and usually keeping below 4000 rpm. I might just be old and slow but 4000 is my red line, if a car doesn't last at least 10 years it is a poor car in my opinion, and believe me they dont last if driven over 4000 regularly. I am not quite at 10,000 miles and have yet to floor it, (and probably never will). I dont mind having those Grand Cherokees rip past me at 80 mph going up to the Eisehower Tunnel on I-70. 60-65 mph is fine for me. I have noticed a very steep drop-off in mpg when I drive 80-85 through Utah, I loose 4-7 mpg compared to 70-75 mph. I have no idea, but wonder if the V8 would do better in long stretches at 85. Make sure you test drive on roads you drive a lot, find a hill if you can, and put three passengers in (very important).

· Registered
17 Posts
Get the V8 if you can afford it. I'm coming off a V8 Grand Cherokee and my V8 Treg blows it away - period. This car has so many cool features its taking a long time to learn them all. The premium package is worth the $7,600 for a 2004. The air suspension is rad.

· Registered
205 Posts
I was in the same boat - I looked at a few 6's and 8's, I ended up buying a 5k mile 8 with xenons, winter pkg, and upgraded sound - I'm very happy with the purchase. I loved the 6, but some of the options scared me for reliablity - the air for one - very cool option, but I am not sure how well its reliability will prove to be. I couldn't afford a new 8 with what I wanted, you'll never find a totally stripped 8 - at least I couldn't. I could afford a well appointed 6. The 6 simply wasn't fast enough for me. The 8 is more than enough - plus you get a very nice throaty sound that makes me happy to give it the gas.

Thanks,
Jeff

· Registered
97 Posts
I think I'm finally coming around and considering the V8 over the V6. However, the V8 would not have the premium package. Putting HP aside, what is your opinion of what I will be giving up if I pass on V6 with PPII, Sound I for V8 with Sound I (no premium package). I'm not sold on the nav, plus I only drive 12,000 per year.

Thanks

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your right

Spockat, you have earned the reward of knowing where Salisbury, CT is.
I have two Land Rovers and they are very uncomfortable.
They also are gas guzzlers.
I also live on a 16% grade dirt road.
it is half a mile long.
I want a touareg because of lumbar support and off-road capabilities.
I know the touareg has the things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.