Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why would anyone buy a TDI in the 2011-2012 range with around 100k miles, vs. a V6 in the same year range?
I personally would like a TDI, but I’m frozen with fear of a blown HPFP that would cost the same amount as the whole car.

I could buy an extended warranty for $4k for 30months, but that suddenly turns the TDI into a $16 k car.

But the V6 at $12k is a very nice “lux” model, but it has 100k, and it will surely have a bunch of problems of its own...
But either would pull my bass boat, of course the TDI would be better, but, other then that, my only driving is a 6 mile putt to my local golf course every morning, or the grocery store which is about 3 miles away.

I’m hypnotized by the Touareg, but afraid to get one. Actually, I’d love to have a V8 model too, don’t care about the poor mileage. But there’s a whole new can of worms...

Maybe I’m just doomed to have a Sequoia because they never break, and I’m a scaredy-cat...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The short journeys you describe are a total no-no for any diesel of any make but perfect for an electric car!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I can't answer the short drive routine,which isn't the best for sure,BUT If you are into the TDI I have had 2 tregs and can say mine have been terrific. 1st on a 2012 lux ,sold back to vw for $46K and bgt a 2016 NEW . You know that all the emissions including HPFP have an extended warranty10yrs /60,000mi,. I had no issues with the basic car and wouldn't have sold it except for the great buyback deal. My 2012 had 60K miles when traded.

Fear not,but have the car checked out well and do a carfax.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts