Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been interested in the 'Reg for about a year now, and I think I stumbled across a potentially good deal. However, there are a few things I would like to bring out to the community hoping they would share their knowledge and experience with me.

I found a 2005 3,2 V6 PFI at my local VW dealership.
It has 57,000 miles on it.
3 owners - 2 from California and 1 from WA (where I live)
Car was sold new 12/31/2004.
Carfax guarantees everything, BUT..

10/20/2005 - the radio was replaced (anyone else had this?)
02/28/2006 - radio replaced (again). Heated seat repaired. Hazard light switch repaired.
12/30/2006 - headlight assembly + bulb replaced
X New Owner - app. 26,000 miles X
08/29/2007 - door trim panel armrest replaced + seat belt check
10/05/2007 - Front seat back replaced, headlight bulb replaced + headlight assembly replaced
X New Owner - app. 33,400 miles X
06/19/2008 - Ignition coil(s) replaced
05/11/2009 - front + rear brake pads and rotors replaced
10/01/2009 - driveshaft replaced

- Today: Offered as Certified "Pre-loved" from VW. Salesperson said this would go all the way to 80,000 miles bumper to bumper.

Price: $21,995

I am hoping there is someone out there who can help me out a little bit - the car is not old at all and the mileage is low. I just feel like a lot of components have been replaced since the car hit the road. Yeah, sure, it's nice to have a Certified vehicle, but that doesn't really do me much if I'm without my car all the time because it is being serviced.

Should I be afraid? Happy? Please - help a newbie become a little bit wiser. ](*,)

Thank you very much :)

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
The repairs are nothing weird or uncommon.
22k for an 05 V6 is I think pretty steep.
Is it a base one or loaded?
Like nav, air and such?
I would look for a V8. same mpg pretty much, lots more power

·
Registered
591 Posts
This one seems to send up at least yellow flags for me.....maybe its the three owners. If it is an early 2005 (last 5 digits of vin), I would probably pass on it. A late year model could be a different story.

The headlights could signal some other electrical nigglies which is not good. On the other hand, the coils and drive shaft are done and that is good. Also, new brakes are a good thing which will lower mnt costs for you.

The dealer can check and advise all the Tech Svc Bulletins that have been done and if all are complete, it might be a deal.

Overall, I would prefer a newer model, preferrably an 07 for the V6 as the engine upgrade was significant. This one is on the cusp.

Good luck

Rick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Price is high, IMHO. Edmunds has that vehicle CPO at under $19K. You should be able to pick up an '07 CPO with lot less miles and the 3.6L engine for about that price, just need to really do your homework. Good news is that you if you buy a 'Reg, you will own an amazing SUV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all!

Thanks for the help and assistance everyone. Based on your feedback and my gut, I think am going to let this one slide to someone else.

Thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
i agree with all, i bought mine this summer, 06 v6 mint 30000 miles 19000 bucks , i think you can do better, the repairs dont bother me, some of them might not even have been noticed by someone else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts