Club Touareg Forum banner

V6 2013 needs seat repair, dealer offered 100

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TurboABA 
#1 ·
The very day my pre-owned Touareg was to ship, the dealer (5 star rated everywhere) apologized and said they noticed some scratches on the rear leather seat that had not been sent to me in prepurchase photo and video.

their detail guy says he can fix it for $100, if I delay the shipment. Or they are offering me to credit 100 bucks, since the purchase has gone through and it supposed to ship crosscountry this evening.

Here’s a picture. Should I take the hundred bucks and fix it myself with someone local, or should I delay?

thanks! 🤯

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would tell him what he can do with the $100 and then ask him how much warranty he's giving on the repair! 😕

If you're really cranky about the situation ask him to give you $100 to smooth the waters for the inconvenience you've been put through (and they do the repairs).
TonyB

#4 ·
You shouldn’t pay **** to fix it. You paid a price based on pictures and description they provided you. Now they not only disclose a damaged area but want you to pay to fix it? Don’t take the $100, thats only a tank of premium. I’m not saying back out of the sale, but I bet you call their bluff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
It's been 5 days without any updates.

Also, op was last logged on 5 days ago.

Perhaps he passed on the vehicle?

:(

#9 ·
Makes you wonder why you (as in I), bother to comment on posts that ask for opinions, wouldn't waste any more of your time answering or commenting on this tread as the OP obviously hasn't got the courtesy to acknowledge replies.

TonyB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.