Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I have an oil leak from my 2008 R50 V10. Parked the car on a down hill angle. 30 minutes later moved the car into the garage and notice drips of oil on the ground as I drove in. A small pool where I parked. Dropped the plastic under-tray and noticed the oil on the tray. Small drip around the dipstick tube area. LH side front of engine. Looking into the valley and I can see oil in the casing running towards the dip stick tube. After searching this fantastic forum I am thinking oil filter housing / oil cooler area.
Car has been bone dry until now. Funny a massive leak instantly. I am guessing the parking on the angle has made me notice the oil sitting in the valley. No mess anywhere yet but I can see it will be flicked off the front pulley with any driving. Must have just happened? Can this repair be done with the intake manifolds on? Can you get access to the gaskets / orings with just pulling off the filter housing.
Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper Metal
Automotive lighting Flash photography Tints and shades Vehicle door Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part Rim
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Registered
40 Posts
I believe you could replace the gaskets O rings without removing the intake manifold, it should not be so bad.
There are lots of threads on here how to replace the gasket on oil filter housing.
I also have an oil leak on my 2004 V10 as well, but mine leaks on the subframe passenger side, I am yet to research where it is coming from.
One thing I can not stand on cars are oil leaks.

· Registered
5 Posts
My 2006 with 75k miles also has oil leak but pretty sure mine is from the front passenger side turbo. I plan to replace both turbos if I can only find a shop that will do it. Requires engine out. Huge job.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will drop the engine. I have a set of turbos I have planned to change for a while. I will do the lot together. Fuel pumps, turbos, all the valley gaskets , might even give her a fresh starter motor while I am there. Its a big job but I have had it out before to replace the camshafts. Love the car but these repairs test my love. But hey where else to you get a twin turbo v10 with air suspension and massive brakes. Worlds best tow cars!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts