Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, after a leak at the fuel pipes supplying the fuel filter housing, My left side turbo oil feed pipe is leaking, I have removed, cleaned and reassembled but it's no good, oil is spraying upwards in the engine bay, can this pipe be changed without removing the engine? Anyone done it that can help with a guide of what's required to remove etc.

Many thanks for any help.
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its leaking at the connection point on the block probably but at the turbo no chance engine out.

Regards
Drag
Hi, thanks for the reply, it is leaking at the point on the engine under the fuel filter, it is one pipe though from engine to turbo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, so I am slightly confused, if it is one piece pipe, what difference does it make as to whether it is leaking at engine side or turbo side? Both ends need to be removed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hi, so I am slightly confused, if it is one piece pipe, what difference does it make as to whether it is leaking at engine side or turbo side? Both ends need to be removed.

Thanks

That depends on why it is leaking .
If the hose is broken yes.
If the nut on the block is loose no.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again, still not fixed this, it is leaking at the flare nut on top of the engine, tightening it has made no difference, if it is not possible to remove the pipe at the turbo side without engine removal, I wonder, is it possible to cut the pipe where accessible on top of the engine and join with a replacement pipe? It only leaks at the connection on top of the engine.

really want my Touareg back and dropping the engine to replace this pipe is seeming rather drastic given I can get a replacement pipe for £15

Many thanks for any help you can offer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it the part number 5 on the diagram on this page?
Hi, thanks for replying.

I don't think so, that looks like it is a banjo at either end, maybe the oil feed return?

The one that is an issue I think is the supply, it is a flare nut connection on the top of the engine located under the fuel filters and is solid pipe that goes behind the engine onto a bracket and to flexi pipe then back to solid pipe to the turbo.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Hi, thanks for replying.

I don't think so, that looks like it is a banjo at either end, maybe the oil feed return?

The one that is an issue I think is the supply, it is a flare nut connection on the top of the engine located under the fuel filters and is solid pipe that goes behind the engine onto a bracket and to flexi pipe then back to solid pipe to the turbo.

OK to put the information clearly
The RHS turbo oil feed line has a banjo fitting on both ends, the LHS has a banjo at the turbo and a flared pipe and nut at the block end under the fuel filters.
Yours is leaking on the LHS I believe.
If it still leaks even after it is retightened clearly you have an issue there. Maybe a split tube or fitting, damaged nut but clearly the fitting needs to be loosened and taken off the block and look to see if you can see the issue and maybe fix it from there if you can.
There will be a reason its leaking/spraying.
If it is the pipe you will need to remove the engine to replace the whole pipe as the banjo fitting on the turbo is quite difficult to access even with the engine out.

I see no way to cut the pipe and fit some replacement piece.

Regards
Drag

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Drag,

Thanks for the info,

The problem occurred after repeated leaks from the fuel pipes and fuel rail which resulted in several oil pipes being continually drenched in fuel mean that I guess with the combination of lubrication from diesel and vibration that perhaps has worn the pipe and resulted in a bad seal.

It was in VW main dealer 3 times to fix the leaks and every time came back out worse.

I can not see any damage to the pipedepending on how I tighten it, sometimes it is ok when cold but sprays when warm, other times it can spray heavily regardless of hot or cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts