Club Touareg Forum banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
My rest feature seems to work fine. This hasn't been an issue. Only code the aux heater is throwing is 02245. prior to this, it was firing up. I dont believe its been cold enough to properly test again. The other day I was able to start the webasto from inside the house. I walked down maybe 20 minutes later and it was still running.

·
Registered
26 Posts
checking in - parking heater mod as described in the DIY pdf did the trick for me. ive ran multiple times, and always good to go. no modification were needed other than the remote install.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
FWIW I have a T100 remote start kit for sale for the T1&T2's.

I also have the factory remote module that works for the T3 units.
Apparently the 2014's no longer have parking heaters? I was going to install this in my wifes treg :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey so i have read all the parking heater threads front to back multiple times, i have a late 04 v10 with t91 coding is set to 000020 adaptation on channel 4 is set to 0 i cannot change channel 9 adaptation, when i push on, the heater fires up and runs and the hvac comes on but it says lo in the display and blows cold air, the air never gets warm, i tried switching between vent and heat, nothing happens on vent. lo comes on when the remote is set to warm, i have not heard of this in any of the threads..... did i miss something or do i have a weird situation?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
VCDS is necessary to do a proper analysis. It will show you what is running during what part of the cycle. It will also show if you have che correct circuit board in your Webasto.The NA Treg Webasto’s were not intended to be used as cabin heaters or with the T91. Only the 2004 V10 had the necessary control module (circuit board) 7L6 819 071. This cannot be sold by NA dealers. Our cars came instead with 7L6 815 071. At first I thought the T91 would make my original 7L6 815 Webasto work. Then I realized it would not activate the fuel pump even though the blower ran. You do have the 2004. Better check the module pn.Dickn Nancy had/have a 2004 that never would work with the T91.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 7l6 819 008h circut board. The heater starts ands runs a full 30 min cycle. When you get in the car and start it the coolant temp is already up off the bottom peg on the gauge. The hvac blower also runs a full 30 min cycle. Turning on a couple mins after the heater turns on. It is just that the hvac displays lo instead of he and blows cold air out through defrost instead of warm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 7l6 819 008h circut board. The heater starts ands runs a full 30 min cycle. When you get in the car and start it the coolant temp is already up off the bottom peg on the gauge. The hvac blower also runs a full 30 min cycle. Turning on a couple mins after the heater turns on. It is just that the hvac displays lo instead of he and blows cold air out through defrost instead of warm.
Hi. Have you found out the problem on your heater?

I have the same problem, I have tried with different codings. I also get up LO in the display.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Failure of the circulation pump is quite common and not that hard to fix. Can you hear the pump hum after you turn off the engine when you push the “Rest” button?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. Have you found out the problem on your heater?

I have the same problem, I have tried with different codings. I also get up LO in the display.
i have not found a solution to this problem. unfortunately.... i would really like to get this figured out.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
If the circulation pump is not working, check the 5? Amp fuse for it. There are at least three fuses for the webasto system. Check your owners manual.

I recall the one for my pump to be in the left side fuse box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive read threw this hole thread! Anyways i have a 2004 and i bought the kit t91 from carsystems
I have the 815 071B
Is a nutshell. Is it true to say that this will not work ... being that other guy swapped his circuit board for a 819 008 I just don't want to waste time. It seems like nobody's any luck with 2004 If worse comes to worst, I'll get a aftermarket circuit board and deal with the loss functionality of oem canbus ...

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
With the addition of the proper overhead control unit, the original factory heater/timer works great in the V10. It's only the remote control that requires the telestart, extra wire, etc. I also have a 2004 V10 and was never able to get the remote to work. I'll admit I have not fooled with it for quite a while since I am reasonably happy with just setting the timer to have the heater come on when I want it to.

There is more info in other threads that may be 2004 V10 specific.

341 - 359 of 359 Posts