·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Persistence pays off. Well done.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes
Think I did it in output tests. Totally freaked me out because I did not know what I was doing. It is important to let the Webasto run thru its cycle which includes the cool-down caled "afterrun."

·
Registered
7 Posts
The engine needs to be on? Excuse my ignorance. I'm not that good with testing but with the right info's I'll be able to get it right.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you want to hear the process leave the engine off. Would not hurt to put a battery charger on it. Not sure which, if any, prerequisites you must meet for output test. For normal operation fuel door must be shut, tank at least 1/4 full, temp below 39F.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My self have an 7L6 815 071A and I have mounted an T91 kit from VW. (Not carsystems)
The heater will start and do it's thing without "awakening" the system. On the down side, it does not fire up the climatronic.
I have now learned that there is no coding needed, adaptation is the thing. The coding can be set to 000000 and make it belive that there is no N279 valve present.
The thing is to make an adaptation to one channel in aux heater and one or two in 08-climatronic.
I am now whating for an cabel to be able to hack and overide the Touareg system to give me acces to adaptation in climatronic.

This T91 thing can be done whithout changing the board............I think
Did you find out what needed to be done?

Stian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got a T91 from carsystems.pl last week and installed it on my Canadian 03/2004 (7L6 815 071 B additional heater software). Webasto turns on with remote. I could hear the Webasto blower turning on. I could see the condensate coming out of the exhaust pipe under the driver's door. I could hear the diesel metering pump clicking. However, I had no "HE" in my climate control display, nor does the in cabin HVAC fan turn on.

The Webasto runs for about 90 seconds, then goes to sleep. A couple minutes later it comes back to life and does the same thing. Ambient temperature was -10C. Measuring blocks showed temperature oscillating at start up of 72C and shut down around 93C. Block 6 showed the following: off, start, after-run, ctrl pause. It never showed partial load or full load. Block 3 showed the valve turning on and off. Block 4 never showed a turned on recirc pump.

Adaptation channel 004 showed 0. I set it to 1 for a while with no difference in operation, so I set it back to 0.

I tried setting the soft coding from 0000000 to 0000020, 0000030, or 0000100, but was not able to change it. In the end I tried coding to 0000010 and it took it. Problem is I have no clue what function that has and I can't change it back to 0000000 now.

At various times I had the following bin bit readings: 11001001, 11011001, 11111001, 01011011, 01101011, 01001001 and 01111011 (after soft code to 0000010). I wonder if anybody knows what all the digits mean.

I went into 04 basic settings and tried running the Webasto from there. Webasto went from off to start, after run, ctrl pause, but never into partial or full load. HVAC fan did not run, but climate display did show HE and block 4 showed pump on, which it never previously did. It seems that HE is displayed when block 4 shows the pump is on.

I'm a first time user of VCDS, so I may not be pressing the right buttons to make this software work properly. It'd be nice to get my cabin to warm up instead of just the pipes around the Webasto. Anybody out there with a T91 working on an 071 B heater?

Will Z
Hi,

I'm struggling now with the same as you, you found out what needed to be done?

Stian

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The Parkheizung will not work with the 7L6 815 circuit board. I'm surprised your 03/04 does not have the 7L6 819 electronics that supports the parking heater function. Your circuit board was fitted to NA V10's beginning 2006. VW does not sell that circuit board separately, nor will Webasto. And they will not sell the whole heater (containing the board) in NA either. Gotta have a friend in Europe and don't give the dealer the VIN, either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Parkheizung will not work with the 7L6 815 circuit board. I'm surprised your 03/04 does not have the 7L6 819 electronics that supports the parking heater function. Your circuit board was fitted to NA V10's beginning 2006. VW does not sell that circuit board separately, nor will Webasto. And they will not sell the whole heater (containing the board) in NA either. Gotta have a friend in Europe and don't give the dealer the VIN, either.
ok

yes I have 7L6 815 071B. I must buy 7L6 819 008?
I may well buy used control unit and mount?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The electronic circuit board is screwed onto the top of the Webasto heater underneath the black plastic cover, removed from vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The electronic circuit board is screwed onto the top of the Webasto heater underneath the black plastic cover, removed from vehicle.
So I have to replace the circuit board which is in 7L6 815 071B with one circuit board which is in 7L6 819 008?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I've read the complete thread and have the exact same problems as Scyber and DicknNancy, my webasto turns on with the ( from carsystems.pl) push of the remote. does it whole start procedure and then some flaps start moving in the HVAC system and then it stops. I've connected vagcom and can't seem to access adaption menu or coding for the 18 Aux Heat module. Probably need security access code. i've been looking the internet up and down but can't seem to find a working code.

Does anybody have an idea how to unlock these functions? I use orginal Rosstech cable with latest SW.

Thanks in adcance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, I have a NA 07 TDI V10. Just recently purchased the carsystems.pl kit in attempt to convert to a parking heater. Based on the instructions on the document I need to use either fuse 20 or 30, but both of these are taken. Are there any alternatives? Also, I would be comfortable with using the fuse panel on either side of the vehicle if thats helpful. thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be clear. I’ve identified a row of constant on fuses but wanted to make sure that the Touareg doesn’t do anything slick and turn off certain ones via vagcom. Just confirming that the fuse blocks on both sides can be measured in the traditional way.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Those early model V10’s have the 7L 819 electronics furnishd in Europe. Beginning in 2006 we in NA got 7L 815 circuit boards which are not usuable as parking heaters. The best posts in this 34 page thread are from V10 on retrofitting the electronics. One caution: neither Webasto nor VWOA will sell you that 7L 819 unit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
everything seems to kick on as expected with the remote. I have 7L6815071D. I can hear the heater come on, and the HVAC is on with HE in the display. It is above 40F right now so I'll have to try again later tonight to make sure everything is working. lgibson, are you suggesting that it will NOT work regardless of remote or timer? I'm only wanting to use remote as stated in the DIY pdf which seems to indicate I should be fine.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Unless Cartoys has done some real magic the Webasto will ignite and then shut down without running a full cycle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
everything seems to kick on as expected with the remote. I have 7L6815071D. I can hear the heater come on, and the HVAC is on with HE in the display. It is above 40F right now so I'll have to try again later tonight to make sure everything is working. lgibson, are you suggesting that it will NOT work regardless of remote or timer? I'm only wanting to use remote as stated in the DIY pdf which seems to indicate I should be fine.
have you checket circulationpump for the heater? If circulationpump not working, will the heater stop after about 30 sec whit cold engine.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
You can check the pump audibly with the Rest button. Those pumps do seize with age.

321 - 340 of 363 Posts