Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello all,

What sort of mileage/economy are V10 owners getting from a single tank?

The MFD is showing a projected range of 595 (approx 1000 km) miles left after doing about 100 miles (160 km) already.

I don't expect to see anywhere near that kind of distance per tank but its looking promising so far compared with previous tanks of about 400 miles when the two ANTI-SHUDDER valves were wotking against each other. Lol

Has anyone modified their Treg to improve fuel economy? Eco-friendly tyres, weight reduction, lighter weight gear/engine oil or engine mods to squeeze out a couple more mpg?

Am running Amsoil 75W140 in the front/rear diffs and the transfer case. Am considering a lighter weight gear oil and a spare set of alloys with more efficient tyres exclusively for motorway use for the summer months. Can always swap over to the ATs in the winter or for a dirty weekend.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great. If you post a picture the doubters will have to believe you.

Are there any mods or changes to your Treg to improve economy?

I achieved this tesult with General AT2 tyres.

·
Registered
Black 2004 V10
245 Posts
That's great. If you post a picture the doubters will have to believe you.

Are there any mods or changes to your Treg to improve economy?

I achieved this tesult with General AT2 tyres.
Yeah I have deleted the EGRs all 4 cats straight piped the rear muffler fitted K+N air filters and have a Malone tune also I fitted a shift improver kit to the valve body

·
Registered
679 Posts
I thought that the correct diff oil is 75/90.

I'm not sure about the transfer box as I've always recommended that people buy the correct stuff in the 850 ml bottle from their dealer.

Someone did have a thread on here where they were doing all sorts of things to try and maximise their mpg but I've not seen it for a while.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi TommiT,

Believe you are correct. Only put heavier stuff in as I had a feeling that the diffs had been neglected and had excessive wear for its age. So wanted the strongest stuff that Amsoil make.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I get a range of between about 450 to 550 miles per tank (if I ran it till dry) depending on where and how fast I'm driving. Last trip to Colorado I averaged about 21 MPG at 75-80 MPH (minus the small towns).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's decent economy for the engine size, road speed and your gallon being 3.78 litres instead of imperial size of 4.54 litres.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts