Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I know this is a long shot but it's come time for me to buy an SUV and after months of pondering I've set my heart on purchasing a V10 T2. I know they are a rare find but I'm hoping with your help I will be able to track down what I'm looking for.....eventually. Anyway, the vehicle definitely has to have under 50,000 miles, Loaded, and I would prefer Black/Sienna but am able to stray a little, very little. Am willing to travel almost anywhere in US to purchase. Hoping IROCNParts or NIN10DO or the people at Emich can help me out!

Dave,

717-609-six8zero5
(feel free to call or text)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you and looking for practically the exact same vehicle, hate to say it but I hope I beat you to the punch. I've been searching for 2 months now.

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
If either of you start to consider other colors, I just got this in my email this morning (Yes, even though I found my black / sienna V10, I am still on the lookout for a Galapagos / sienna / super low mileage): Cars for Sale: 2008 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI in San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675: Sport Utility Details - 312204273 - AutoTrader.com

I'm sure you've already seen this one. . .but just thought I'd pass it on for you or anyone else.
I saw that already, it's very nice just not a ig fan of that color and for an 08 the mileage is a bit high.

Sell me your black on sienna and you grab the one in the ad!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I saw that already, it's very nice just not a ig fan of that color and for an 08 the mileage is a bit high.

I agree. There is a Grey/Anthracite on cars that's listed as an 06 but the mileage is up there as well. We'll keep fighting the good fight for now.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Which one are you referring too? How many miles? I don't mind changing exterior colors but I really want the teak or sienna for the interior.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Find me a super low milage, 2008 V10 in Galapagos with sienna interior, and we'll talk ;-)

Good luck with your hunt. I really lucked into mine after looking less than a month. I haven't seen any suitable ones since. Don't worry. . .it's well worth the wait!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cars.com

Which one are you referring too? How many miles? I don't mind changing exterior colors but I really want the teak or sienna for the interior.

This one:

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI, $29,692 - Cars.com

Not the Sienna interior but those seat belts and trim are a nice touch.

I considered making the purchase but for as much as I travel the mileage is just too high. I know 20,000 miles seems trivial but when you're about to drop 50,000 dollars on a used vehicle you tend to be somewhat selective.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
This one:

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI, $29,692 - Cars.com

Not the Sienna interior but those seat belts and trim are a nice touch.

I considered making the purchase but for as much as I travel the mileage is just too high. I know 20,000 miles seems trivial but when you're about to drop 50,000 dollars on a used vehicle you tend to be somewhat selective.
I'm very familiar with that vehicle, i tried working out a deal with them on it and they wouldn't come off their asking price at all. It's a great one for sure but I'm not willing to pay there mark up, $8K over what they paid for it. Very shady dealership according to guys who live there and dealt with them.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That is a very nice V10! I has some nice (and very expensive) mods on it. I like that whomever had it before did the individual (evil, R50/W12) front and rear lower spoilers..Those alone are another $2-$3K. Im sure that dealship knows what it has and I would assume that they will sell it for close to that $29.6K. They can afford to have a car sit on the lot for 3 months without changing the price, after 3 months they could either lower it (although probably only 1-2K at most) or they will take it to the auction or trade it to another dealer for something else they want. I work at a dealership so that is kinda how things work here. A highline/luxury (and rare, very rare) car like this they will hold their price on or at least close to it because they know what they have. After reading several posts on this one I am assuming the dealer paid around $22K for it, then they have to add PACK which is anywhere from
$1K to $2K, then they add in the shop costs to have it inspected and anything that is wrong with it fixed (which is a minimum of $500), then they have cleanup and detail which adds at least another $250-500) so in just add on's you are looking at around $3K so that puts the dealer cost at close to $25K, then they add on whatever they want to make on a car which in a case of a SUV is anywhere from $3000-5000 so they are in the ball park with $29.6K, I'd say if anyone could get it for around $27.5-28K you would be doing pretty good...

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Normally that's how it works, but I know for a fact that they didn't have to do **** to it, they bought it for $22K and the next day it was on the floor for $30K.

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
that's UBERV10s old vehicle, he traded it on a Cayenne Turbo S. It used to have Transburbia graphics but it looks like they removed them. There are photos of it on here if you look up UBERV10s profile.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I thought I recognized it from the seatbelts! It should be a great vehicle since Im sure he took very good care of it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Merry Xmas

Merry Chrstmas everybody! Anyone want to give me the best present ever by letting me buy your V10 T2?

Dead Horse

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
07 for sale¿

I received an E-mail from a member saying they were about to sell their 07 V10 but I accidentally deleted it thinking I could view it on here and I can't find it anywhere. If you read this please re-send that msg along w/pics if you have them yet. I appreicate it. Thanks

Dave

1 - 20 of 27 Posts