Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped off my 2007 v10 at the dealership yesterday. Only 80k at odo. I was seeing some oil residue around front of the passenger side valve cover , bottom of aluminum block that face towards to you when you look at the engine, and around crankshaft seal. Also oil residue from hoses from top of the both valve covers. CCV hoses I believe. Nothing dripping only residue, when you touch ,its oily. So oil residue around valve cover is passenger side only, but from top ccv hoses there's residue from both side. I wish I had a picture for this.
They called me this morning and told me that these engines sweat a lot,he said they checked the torque on the valve cover bolts and it's all good. He sounded like everything's normal. while on the phone ,I should ask him why it's sweating from only one side of the engine.
I need some help from you guys, specially V10 owners. Is this oily residue normal for V10 engines? And please if you have some time ,post a picture around engine valve cover area and ccv hose area. I'm going to dealership Monday so I need some info till Monday.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
My 2004 doesn't display anything like what you describe. Could vapors from the crankcase recirculation lines be plugged and the fumes from those line be the cause? (Crankcase vapors ARE usually very oily).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts