Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just realized my Touareg is turning 16 years old next month and it got me wondering how much diesel everyone else's V10 is burning these days?

Mine does 11l/100km (21mpg) on a tank which is 75% highway 25% city.

Best,
VD-10

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
My 2004 averages 20mpg regardless of driving conditions.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V10 TDI
18 Posts
Usually 15-16 l/100 km over a tank, 90% of the time (not the distance) stuck in Geneva traffic.
10.5 l/100 km average Geneva - Zurich - Geneva, never over the speed limit.
My record is 8.7 l/100 km going back from Denmark, cruise control at 100 km/h, far right lane on the autobahn at night.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Impressive, did you manage to do CH - DK on one tank?

I live in the Lausanne area, by the way. Do you know any other Touareg owners in the area?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V10 TDI
18 Posts
Far from it - hit the morning rush around Frankfurt and that killed the average. Got 870 km or thereabouts.
I don't personally know any other owners in the area, and from the looks of it, there aren't a lot of enthusiasts. I walked past an R50 sitting under a tree the other day - looked like it hadn't been moved for months...
Let's hope they'll become classics soon, as it seems to be happening to the Phaeton :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are many more Touaregs out there than Phaetons, at least in Switzerland. I have the feeling the Touaregs reached their peak here 10-12 years ago and less and less of them remain as they are being exported.

Think the furthest I got was 970km on one tank. All highway and had about 3 liters left in the tank...

Maybe it's time we open the Swiss chapter of a Touareg Club? ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts