Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I am an avid reader of ClubTouareg.com, but rarely post. I have had my 2007 V10 for about 2 years now and as much as I love it, I also hate it. It seems like the tiniest problem takes a ridiculous amount of time/money to fix. I have had to 3 different dealers in the metro Detroit area and none of them have ever seen a V10 nor do any of them have a clue as to how to fix it. So, I am reaching out to the community here to see if there are any mechanics in the MidWest (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, eastern Penna) that have actually done work on a V10. I have an oil leak that the 3rd dealership can't find and it is bad enough that it leaves puddles. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is one in Ohio I know of. Elite Tire and Service, 17380 Leatherwood Rd, Lore City, OH 43755. Those guys are amazing (Levi - The Touareg Buff, he owns 2 V10s), I sent my V10 from Alabama to them for the cam. replacement. There is another guy who uses them for his V10, as a matter of fact, he introduced me to them.

As for the puddle, any idea where it is leaking from? I had the same issue, but it was from the front of the V section. Initially the dealer thought it was the seal between the engine and the filter housing but then for some "un-known reason" it turned out that the whole filter housing had to be changed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Might want to talk to Munk's Motors in Waterford. They are not cheap, but they certainly know their way around Volkswagens, Audis, and Porsches. You'd have to talk to them about specific V-10 experience, however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, TouaregNut. I will look them up and give them a call.

I have not had a chance to take a really hard look for the leak myself, but after I pick it up from the stealership, I will. They replaced the 3-piece gasket/seal on the top of the motor and all of the other gaskets/seals they encountered to get to that and it still leaks. When I took it to this particular dealer, I was hopeful because the Service Writer was a 35+ year former VW technician that had high confidence in working on a V10.

@buckwheat - I spoke to Munk's last year about something else and they don't have any specific V10 experience. They told me that they work on Touaregs all the time, but no specifically V10's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts