Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
So the harbor freight cleaner says don't use on aluminium. Did you dilute it at all or use it full strength?
I used the big 5 gallon ChemDip, full strength. You will need to turn them over to get the whole manifold covered. Afterwards they were clean but somewhat mottled in appearance. So I bought a cheap tractor supply blasting cabinet and glass-beaded them to a beautiful satin finish. Now I just try to avoid touching them they are so pretty.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Does that chem dip say don't use on aluminium?

This harbor freight stuff definitely does say don't use on aluminium, but it also really chews into the soot. I'm trying it but I'm keeping an eye on the progress.

I have everything else cleaned and just have the intakes to clean. Hoping to get things reassembled tomorrow.

View attachment 252413

This harbor freight stuff definitely does say don't use on aluminium, but it also really chews into the soot. I'm trying it but I'm keeping an eye on the progress.

I have everything else cleaned and just have the intakes to clean. Hoping to get things reassembled tomorrow.

View attachment 252413
The Berryman ChemDip says safe for all metals.

View attachment 252413

1 - 2 of 2 Posts