Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second post as a new V10 owner. Love the car. Coolant leak forced me to leave the car at a VW dealer in LA after a trip from Colorado. My first road trip. I think the seller was aware of this issue ( eBay ) but forget that, I own it, no regrets.
Bit of history...as I drove towards LA from Colorado the coolant level began to drop and in an increasing manner.
I stopped at the Flagstaff AZ VW dealer and they could not find anything wrong. Next stop was a dealer in Orange County, they suggested a new coolant cap which they did not have. Next stop was Torrance CA. Now the coolant light started coming on every 15miles not 300 like before. I took it to the VW dealer there where they have a tech that knows V10's.
At the moment the engine in coming out. They cannot find the leak as it's not in the oil cooler
not in the alternator, so it must be either a head gasket or crack in the head, worst of all a cracked block. We did find some coolant in the oil. This was not the case for the past 900 miles. Where to get parts, where to find another motor ??????????
The car never overheated, runs great.

Anyone with suggestions???????

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I needed this. I will fix it as I'm committed to it.
How common is replacing a head gasket on a 100k motor and what else should I be looking for?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts