Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a heater core flush on a V10?
Only access (easy, that is) to the cooling lines to the heater core are the two lines by the power steering rack from underneath.
Is that the best way?

Symptom leading to flushing heater core for me: low heat output from vents, even on HI+coolant at 200F on gauge+coolant level spot on+plenty of air blowing out vents+no codes in CC unit. Does blow warm air, enough to warm up the cabin eventually. But with nearly 265K miles leads me to believe a coolant flush & heater core flush is in order). Additionally, the rear heat (4C heating system in the v10) blows HOT, but it has it's own heat exchanger, so again pointing me to the front heat exchanger.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Are you certain all the air valves required to actuate are all completely in their intended positions. I recall no other questions involving heater core cleaning/flushing.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Core cleaning surprises me because as the normal when I look into the cooling components of modern cars that have had good coolant, they always look spotless and without any of the older day systems that used to have plenty of rust, etc particles in the system to block up things.

Regards
Drag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts