Professor Eggman, you get the golden screw driver award for determination and uncommon persistence! I have a thought about your trans not going into gear. With the tranny dry it will take 10 liters or so to be near full. Just my thoughts. You a WAY overdue for so good luck , it will arrive soon,YESNo worries about the thread hijack.
View attachment 251913
View attachment 251915
View attachment 251916
View attachment 251914
So she’s all back together! But with some problems….
1. Barely starts….I did tweak the camshaft position sensor while removing one of the camshaft gear arms, so new one has been ordered. Will be replacing with engine in. Code keeps popping up for no signal from sensor.
2. Doesn’t move when put in gear…..Auto trans only shows code for implausible signal from Tiptronic. So move selector to D, hit gas and PRNDS goes to one solid yellow block, car doesn’t move at all. Only code is the tiptronic. Had to put in neutral and push out of the garage. Next time I get the started, I will double check my ATF level. I did check it when off, had ATF drip from the fill hole.
3. air compressor fitting is cracked, so only partially aired up. New fitting ordered. This is causing the “running gear fault” message, I assume.
4. Exhaust Gas Temp sensor short to ground….bank 1 sensor 2. This one did have wire issues so new one ordered. Blinking Glow plug light due to this.
5. No signal from Steering Angle Module. Pulled steering column apart and double checked all connections. Everything seems connected properly. Also, no communication to steering wheel controls. Stalks work, but not buttons on the airbag sides.
6. Small fuel leak from somewhere on left fuel rail. Will have to pull apart to see exactly where from.
On a positive note, when the engine does start, it is an absolute monster! Able to rev like crazy, sounds amazing. Can’t wait for this to hit the road!
I did have to grind all of the piston rings, all were very very tight. Then engine turned beautifully.