Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 v10 and in some cases rolling to a stop. In a parking lot or stop sign I will get a brake peddle so hard I can't move it and brakes barely grab. It's dangerous. Anyone with a similar issues? I've read a few threads about it but no one has a solution.

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
Have you checked to see if uou have vacuum at the brake booster? That would be my first step.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
jip. Vacuum leak for sure or faulty tandem pumps.

Make sure your oil level isn't rising which would indicate fuel leaking via tandem pump to the crankcase. It can cost you your life in a runaway!

·
Registered
196 Posts
i'd expect at least 25" of vacuum. How much are you getting?

-J

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've experienced a similar issue on a Toyota diesel. Turned out to be the clamps on the vacuum soft lines had relaxed. They were fine except for in the cold they wouldn't seal. If you experience this problem more when it's cold, that could be the problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FIXED MY PROBLEM! I took the rain tray apart and took line off brake booster. I hooked it up to a gauge and it jumped to 20lbs at start then dropped to 12 lbs soon after. So either a weak pump or a leak somewhere. I start chasing the vacuum lines and one of the little lines that goes to the egr valve was split right at the nipple. I cut out the bad section and replaced it. Tested vacuum again and it stayed at 20lbs at idle and went to 27lbs at 3k rpm. If you have any of the symptoms described above check these lines before taking it to stealership!!
Search tags: hard brakes brake booster vacuum pump tandem pump egr lines can't press brake peddle
This is the line pictured

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well done and a picture is worth a 1,000 words!

·
Super Moderator
3,819 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Isn't it interesting to note how much brake effort is actually provided by the booster. It wasn't that long ago that cars never even had them.

Stuart...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Does anyone have a schematic of all the vaccuum connections. I recently had vaccuum loss while driving, thank God, I was slow and right in front of VW dealer-ship (aggggg). Being far away from home, I was set up for the trap. So after selling my arm I got the hose from the tandem pump to the vaccuum block replaced.

So, now I want to check all the pipes, to make sure they are not about to break up on me, as in no mood to to give up on any more body parts...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.