Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I went to put my daughter in the car and the right rear door wouldn't unlock. All other doors were unlocked except that one. So I reached inside and opened from the inside. I immediately realized the horrible mistake I made as now the door will not lock electronically and I have no way to manually lock it.

Things just snowballed from here. As I was investigating the door issue I discovered the rear hatch will not open, the windows do not go up/down automatically when the switch is fully depressed and released, and the alarm does not chirp when you lock the doors (i'm pretty sure it isn't arming at all).

I just found out today that the fuel door also does not release. Now I have to crawl into then back of the car (over two car seats) to release the fuel door.

What the heck is going on?! I have checked any fuses that look related to doors and windows with no luck. There are no dash lights/warnings. I am absolutely lost.

I tried to research similar symptoms but came up empty. I am humbly reaching to out to the interwebs hoping someone can shed some light on where to go from here.

Thank you.

Details of the vehicle:
2004 Touareg V10 TDi
~105k miles
Everything is all original or oem replacement, with the exception of the Bosch batteries that have been installed for well over a year now.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
You need a VCDS scan. Since you have under 10 or so posts, you can't see my sig file.

Ross-Tech: Home

A little pricey, but it will pay for it self quickly.

Check ALL your fuses if you don't have a fuse chart for your model year.

Do the windows go up and down at all? Or is the "express" function the only part not working?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response. I have wanted to get a VAG-COM for some time now, but never really got around to it. Money is kind of tight at the moment. But yes, the express function is the only issue with the windows.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
DD309 - In addition to the VCDS scan [get a member to help if there is one near you - TDIClub.com has a thread where members from all over list their VCDS availability] find out when the batteries were last changed. Many VERY strange electrical/computer driven issues happen when the batteries get weak.
If you can't find a member near you with a VCDS, shop around for any local independent repair shops. If they do work on VWs they will almost certainly use VCDS. You may have to pay for diagnosis time but it is still better than buying new parts and plugging them in and then discovering the issue wasn't fixed.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Did you try a reset of the express window function? If the windows work otherwise, that tells me the express function needs to be reset. If it still doesn't work, then I'd suspect it's a module issue. But without an Autoscan, it's all just a WAG.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If you are going to keep a V10, you must buy vcds. The Phaeton/Touareg chassis with its 28 or so control modules is in the supercar category and will continually have electrical glitches.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Does the glass in tailgate not open either?

There is a manual release for the whole tailgate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fourdiesel - I replaced both batteries last May. Both are Bosch AGM. I know what you mean about the electrical glitches. It would take two attempts to start, and would give exhaust and suspension workshop faults almost every time.

nooby - No the glass does not open either. I crawled in the back and opened the fuel door last night so my wife could fill up today.

FSJ - I am out of town for the weekend, but I will definitely try the window reset when I get back. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts