Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed recently that the fans on my '06 V10 run on a very high setting all the time. They do not continue to run after the engine is shut off (a few seconds maybe). I replaced the temp sensor right in front of the oil filter housing. That made no difference. Apparently there are two sensors, but I can't find the other one. Temp readings on the gauge are fine. Does anyone know what might be causing the fan speed? Does the V10 have a thermofan switch? I couldn't find it in the usual spot (bottom driver side of the radiator). I'm really hoping not to have to go to the dealer.
Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I had the same issue last winter after a long trip. fans blowing hard for no reason. Took it to the dealer and the computers were showing no issues. Decided to do nothing about it and never happened again.

It was weird to hear the fans blowing full blast on a 5 degree F day in Durango.

I can relate...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Are there any faults in the ECUs?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, no CEL or codes. It runs fine and eventually gets up to temp (200F water temp), but the fans are definitely running on high all the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I just removed the panel under the nose and looked, and it's only one of the fans that's running out of control. It's the larger fan (looks larger anyway) that is lower and is on the driver's side. Does that mean it's likely the fan control module?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd think so. The fans should run together.

-J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts