Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am gradually working through the huge list of faults on my beautiful V10.
The latest is the rear won't drop down below high setting. It will go up and down between high and super high, but lower than that she won't go.
The front is perfect at the moment.
I used vagcom to check each corner, but lowering either rear corner didn't move.

Fault codes have come up as
02250 function deactivation;valve duty cycle
01400 suspension level control upper limit exceeded

Any hints or tips would be really apreciated
Cheers Pee

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
982 Posts
You can try this:

Hello, from time to time we get asked, "How do we lower/raise or fill/drain the Air Suspension system?

- This may be necessary if you are about to perform any Air Suspension system work and you want to drain the system of any dangerous air pressure.

- It also is handy to know this procedure when filling the system, after a repair or to test for leaks.

Please use this procedure with care, it should work on the Audi A8, Q7, A6 and the VW Touareg, Phaeton and the Bentley Continental.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Level Control Bleeding/Charging

- Bleeding -

Note: The bleeding procedure will lower the vehicle, proceed with caution and refer to the factory repair manual for proper repair information, warnings and cautions!

If the Login code does not work, try Coding-II

[Select]
[34-Level Control]

[Login-11] or [Coding-II]
[08367]

[Basic Settings-04]
Enter:
Group 020 = to Bleed Pressure Accumulator
Group 021 = to Bleed Front Axle
Group 022 = to Bleed Rear Axle

Field-4 will display the current pressure
Note: System will time out after 60 seconds, the procedure maybe repeated as necessary to achieve the desired system pressure.

- Charging -

[Select]
[34-Level Control]

[Login-11]
[08367]
[Do it!]

[Basic Settings-04]
Enter:
Group [023] = to Charge Pressure Accumulator
Group [024] = to Charge Front Axle
Group [025] = to Charge Rear Axle

Field-[4] will display the current pressure
Note: System will time out after 60 seconds, the procedure maybe repeated as necessary to achieve the desired system pressure.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Rosstech's website have the level control calibration.

Do the calibration, clear codes and go for a drive. Scan again and post here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will do. The fact that vagcom won't lower the rear on the manual testing I think it will be the retention valves at the top of the dampers. I have ordered a pair so all I need to find now is the tool to remove them.
Cheers Pee

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same problem with mine after leaving it in "jack mode" for afew days in the garage. Before I bought new valves I just crawled under the back and tapped the old ones afew times with a little hammer. Problem solved

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ah, the Birmingham screwdriver! Let us know if it works, Peeps.

·
Registered
2006 V8 Touareg AIR, nav, hid
4,436 Posts
Hit it again, a little bit harder. You will either fix it or make it obvious that you need to buy a new one. :twisted:

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No, they said use a little hammer!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a pair if pressure retention valves that have finally failed. These are the brass fittings that the airline threads into that are located on the air strut body. You have to get under the vehicle to see them and getting to them can be a little tough. When sourcing them out you may find that they are cheaper to be purchased through a Porsche dealer rather than a Vw dealer. I saved about $200 going through Porsche. Any air suspended Cayenne valve up to model year 2009 will work and you will also need a wax spray to coat the valve once it is installed. The wax spray part number is D322 100 M2 and is available through the vw dealer. The wax is more critically used on the front as the valves are exposed to the elements due to their location( to prevent leaks due to corrosion between the valve and air strut)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Woohoo. I changed 1 rear valve and hit the other with a hammer and its rear end is going up and down better than a girls rear end in a late night gangster rap video.
Thanks for the help.
Pee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts