Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this problem: On start-up when cold the car heitates and then accelerates abruptly? As well it takes several miles for it to "warm up" and run as it should. I have owned a lot of FI cars and this is the worse than my 73 moto guzzi eldorado motorcycle with carbs.

It goes in tomorrow for warranty oil leak, recall, tire balance and CD player malfunction.

One of the nicest POS's I have owned.

Scott in Seattle

· Registered
2016 Touareg V6/Lux — 2006 Touareg V6 — 2013 Audi allroad
3,305 Posts
Sounds like you need to have the ECU (Engine Control Unit) flashed. I take it the problem goies away when the engine warms up --- you could have a problem with the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

· Registered
33 Posts
Well, it's not limited to the V6... My V8 takes several miles to warm to the occasion in the mornings... just kinda sputters and feels like it is missing for the first little bit...

Then... FANTASTIC...

I will take the suggestions to my dealer and see if I can get them to sort it out...

I will let everyone know what comes of it...

D

· Registered
2 Posts
mass flow sensor

was this the root cause to your cold weather starting problems, and what was the fix?

i have a 2007 v6, that had starting problems twice in the same week. had to be towed into the dealer. temperature was about 10F. dealer did nothing to fix it the first time. gave me some bs about the fuel sensor light. i refuse to pick it up this time, unless they actually fix something. they gave me some bs about cleaning the contact points on the ??? but i'm not buying that as a fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.