Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how is the new v10? I tested drive the car and it was great. I like to know the major problems that this car has, perhaps some one from europe can give me insights. Do they have the same problems as the v6, v8 like the remote keyless entry, navigations? I like to purchase it, but has some reservations of the car. Please help me.

· Registered
100 Posts
Bwagen,

I have been driving mine for about 1.5 months. It has 2400 miles on the odometer. I agree, it is a great automobile.

It has the same general "problems" as the V6 and V8, if you consider the Nav system, keyless entry, etc., etc., as problems, I don't.

As far as specific problems with the V10. There are only two things I can think of. #1 The power steering is way too easy. That is, it turns without any resistance. #2 On windy roads, the front end really does feel heavy. Both of these are minor problems for me.

Cost is an issue, but for the additional 12 grand or so, consider that the V10 is one of the worlds most unique and exciting engines, it is well spent.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just like to know what I am buying, not believing everything the reports from the factory. The current owners like yourself are much reliable than the ads. I don't want to buy a car and keep going back to the dealers for problems. I would rather wait and buy later if the problem is persistent. Thank you very much for inputs, I really appreciate your time.

· Registered
100 Posts
Sure,
Not a single problem yet. But be prepared. These are very complex cars, with multiple features upon features. For example, the car can be set to lower the drivers seat and retract the steering wheel every time you turn the engine off. Its not a basic auto with a non-adjustable steering wheel and rachet type seat adjuster.

What I'm saying is that there is potential for things to go wrong. As in any luxury car.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am very aware of what you said, that is why I am asking those who own the cars to tell me their experiences. I own an older Mercedes Gwagen, the new ones have so much electrical problems (engine is fine) that I decided not to buy the new one. European cars are known with their complex wiring and full of bugs, I am not willing to own a car that give headaches. I want to enjoy it, not annoyed by it. For an example, I like to eat crabs, but would not eat small ones (I must work to get the meat), I want to enjoy what I am eating not work to get the meat. So I would rather not eat crabs, if it is less than 3 lbs (in Chinese restaurant). Thank you again.

· Registered
13 Posts
The real problem for the v10 is to get one. I ordered a v10 four months ago. Here is the recent info I just got from dealer- commission# k47096, order status: intransit from factory (20), requested production week 11/2004, assigned production week 17/2004, actual production week 17/2004. I was told the car is coming by the end of this month. Who knows. Except a few E-class, I have been driving Toyota & Lexus. When I ordered an Audi Allroad 4.2 last March, for the 1st time I got on the forum. And I had seen topics after topics about the Allroad's glitchs and gremlins. The car came to my hands by August 03. A couple of minor corrections, I had put over 12000 flawless miles, a good car indeed. A few weeks ago I picked up a Passat tdi for my college boy. I drive it most the time, now it has over 500 miles, and not a fill-up yet. The tdi Passat is a good car too. And for the in coming v10, I wuoldn't be too concerned if the car is going to be.... See, the darlings of CR and JD power got the problems on me too. Does the dealer know how to correct the ... is what I would worry!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here in BC, Canada I can get one right away, I don't have time to go back and forth to try to get it fixed, if there is too much persistent problems. I have other cars that I enjoy too. I am looking forward to have one for myself, but no hurry.

· Registered
13 Posts
Mr. Bwagon, Today I stopped by the dealershope- South Jersy Imoprts, It happened the VW sales representative Tad was there. He told me that my v10 will be at the port by May 31. But he was not sure what the date the car will be delivered to the dealership. The VW technician must go over a detail checkup, point by point, before the car leaves the port. That is a comfort to hear!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.