Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got four UVS2000, and successfully programmed those (actually cloned my OE sensors) at Costco for my 2013 Touareg (US version).

I tried different independent shops before, most of them are using autel tool or old snap on tools, which are incapable of programming the huf universal sensor. Then I learned that Costco uses Bartec Tech400SD for their tire shop, so I tried my luck there and it worked.

The guys at the shop knows how to program/configure a new ID, but it's also possible to clone the OE sensors so that there is no TPMS relearn afterward.

Those are the steps in the Bartec 400 to clone the original sensors:
Home -> Program Sensor -> Volkswagen -> Touareg 2 -> 201(?)-2016 ->
There are two buttons here the top one is the 'read id' and the bottom one is the 'program id', select the top one will allow the operator to read the original id, and store them with wheel locations, indicated on the diagram on the right of the bartec LCD screen. Then the operator can select 'program id', then select 'copy id', then select the wheel location and copy them onto the new blank tpms.

One caveat is "The huf intellisens can be configured in a wheel on if the tire pressure is lower than 1 bar", according to Bartec document.

With the procedure done, there is no warning with the new sensors on the wheel, and I can read the tire pressure almost instantly.

According to Huf website http://www.products.intellisens.com/Details/SensorDetails/UVS200, the tools that are capable of programming Huf universal TPMS sensors are:
IntelliSens App / HC1000
Bartec Tech 400
Bartec Tech 500
ATEQ VT-55
ATEQ VT-56
Tecnomotor TPM-02

The detailed configuration instruction (attached here as well):
http://www.products.intellisens.com/Content/Documents/Tips_and_Techniques_for_the_Installation.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
So I need HUFF TPMS sensors and the UVS2000 is a cheaper sensor than the ones which come preprogrammed RDE011V121. Since my VW dealer who is mounting new rims as usual wont call me back what are the preprogrammed and programmed sensors all about. Do they charge more for programming usually? verses plug in play theory the ones sold on tire rack? I guess I will drive over there to see what their take is. Anyone used these or other sensors Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am seeing on other past posts the Treg will auto program within a 1/4 of a mile no dealer programming if needed? Dealer quoted me $204 per sensor

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks it says they should fit and have a cross reference for "f" at the end but the others I see including tire rack are black. I have a call into them you save 90 bucks off tire rack if they work. I drove over to the dealer they really want nothing to do with sensors they have to program like the huf 2000. CAn't wait to get my 18's mounted up and out of the 20's

·
Registered
25 Posts
I managed to get some OEM TPMS sensors from ebay for around $100. Might be worthwhile to look into if you need TPMS sensors in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts