Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I have to do this as my t1 is telling me to shift to park even though im in park. Battery is fine. So what can I do to fix it? Even after I use the button and get the key back the screen still displays put vehicle into park.

·
Registered
531 Posts
In the DIY and Technical info section under RIG shifter componets/ console

·
Registered
531 Posts
DIY shifter components/console

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive been taking stuff apart and so far 8 have not seen anything that appears to be broken etc. Is it just the two magnets that determin the stick position or are there other sensors? Im kinda stuck at the moment and the car still displays shift stick to park when im in park. Grrr

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After looking in the workshop manual I notuce theres a solenoid front right for me in rh drive .is this the faulty item possibly and is there a 2ay to test it? For some unknown reason I cant do a full scan with my rosstech cable as it shuts my laptop down 3/4 of the way through every time.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Talk to Ross Tech - their techie back up is good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So finally managed to fix my issue. Been so busy at work didnt have time until today. Basically a little clip that hold th the wood trim on had fallen off. I happened to land perfectly between the micro switch and solenoid that engages the micro switch to release the key etc. Such a simple fix with a huge head ache finding the fault

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Glad you got it sorted.

And came back and told us - lots don't!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts