Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T3 Tdi, I had a side wall holed and needed to change the wheel, however th jack wouldn't fit due to the side steps.
I use two hydraulic jacks to raise it high enough. One to raise it far enough, so I could screw the centre of the second and place under then used it to raise.
Has anyone used the original jack with steps?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a T3 Tdi, I had a side wall holed and needed to change the wheel, however th jack wouldn't fit due to the side steps. I use two hydraulic jacks to raise it high enough. One to raise it far enough, so I could screw the centre of the second and place under then used it to raise. Has anyone used the original jack with steps?
You need another Jack if you have the side steps :(

http://parts.vw.com/p/Volkswagen_2015_Touareg/Scissor-Jack-Kit-for-Side-Steps---Black/53131869/000093051.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could someone with this jack post a photo of it, especially of the top please?
I would be interested in seeing as well. I did not buy it because I was not sure if it would fit in place of the current jack. When I change my tires I use a wheeled hydraulic floor Jack. I was quite disappointed that VW allows the side steps to be sold and that they result in the Jack not really working any more. For the price they charge they should come with a replacement or some sort of adaptor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I was surprised too. You would expect them to say at least that your original jack won't work with these steps, please buy item....
Lucky I had just backed out of the drive and felt/ heard the flat.
I was able to grab 2 bottle hydraulic jacks to raise the car. I absolutely hate the space saver spare.
I will need to buy a couple of spare full size wheels before any decent trips.

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that helps a lot. This is a common enough jack. Just have to get one rated high enough for the treg.
There should be plenty on eBay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts