Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my front headlamps (Excluding Ballasts).

I ended up having to but two new headlamps after the wiring insulation came to pieces as I replaced the high beam in the front left assembly. kaboom I attempted to splice and fix it but it didn't go so well. Would have been fine if I had just put heat shrink on all the wires with one cut in the middle. Anyway, front Right works perfectly fine.

Both Headlights have brand new high beam bulbs and working low beams and are very clear.

As mentioned, front left does NOT work, all it needs is a wiring harness from a working light. I wanted to do this but couldn't find a working used left lamp for sale. If someone has a wiring harness to put in it from an old headlight it would work pefectly!

Asking $250 + Shipping, I am willing to negociate. Just PM me and we can discuss

Shipping will be from Houston Texas

Attachments

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'll be looking for a set later to experiment with installing a Morimoto projector in the low beam slot.
Looks like some cutting will be necessary to get the old projector out.

My insulation just fell apart but I had no choice but to fix it; I used shrink tube on most and PVA glue on the rest.
The PVA was very easy to use and worked.

I think the shipping for these ones would be a bit steep for me though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I had started with the heat shrink. Supper frustrating that this happens. I suppose they do get old though.

Like I mentioned though, I'd be happy to negotiate.

here's my email, PM on this thing is frustrating. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts