Club Touareg Forum banner

581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
No, that is not the current firmware to install the last update put out for the RNS850
There are a couple of very good threads on this that should answer all your questions.
Are you having any problems with the unit? Can you connect your phone and make/receive calls?
I did the v711 firmware update about 3, maybe 4 years ago and the unit takes about 2+ minutes to boot up on most starts and at this point and if you are in NA the latest Navigation update might be 2016.
If Bluetooth is working and you are having no problems it’s a lot of work to update the NAV maps to a version possibly 5 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Execline TDI. (Brown over tan.)
14 Posts
It appears to be working fine except for the map being out of date. Is there a reasonable way to determine just how out of date? I know... RTFF but after about 12 of the 30 pages, I was running out of patience :)
Thank you for taking the time!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Like I said the most recent NAV Maps update is a least a few years old for the RNS850. I stopped using Navigation a couple years ago and stick with my phone, way easier to use and up to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux V6
1 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum and need some direction. I am in North America and have a 2016 Touareg V6 Lux. I am trying to update my map, but running into a snag. I am running Media version P0738 and have followed all of the instructions, but am having a problem with the system not finding the SD1 card (Medium). I tried using the SD2; same thing. the error message states "The medium is currently not available". (see attached screenshot). The SD slots work well with music. I see that the Update screen has USB as an option. Is there a USB port anywhere that I can try? Is there a setting to redirect the medium back to the SD 1 slot?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum and need some direction. I am in North America and have a 2016 Touareg V6 Lux. I am trying to update my map, but running into a snag. I am running Media version P0738 and have followed all of the instructions, but am having a problem with the system not finding the SD1 card (Medium). I tried using the SD2; same thing. the error message states "The medium is currently not available". (see attached screenshot). The SD slots work well with music. I see that the Update screen has USB as an option. Is there a USB port anywhere that I can try? Is there a setting to redirect the medium back to the SD 1 slot?
I am a newbie myself, Please see if this helps .I ran into the same issue and got around that using a 32 Gig SD card. The problem I noticed it when formatting the a card which is more than 32 Gig the windows will format it in exFAT where as I believe the acceptable format should be FAT32. Not sure if you are using a card from VW directly but if you have downloaded the software and are trying to update then use a card that is 32 Gig and format it to FAT32 format copy the content to the root folder and should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this forum and need help with updating the firmware and maps.

Tried sending a message to Yrktreg but for some reason it does not let me.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
Search in the Free V12 North American maps thread for more info. Most likely the SD card isn't formatted correct;y.

I have very detailed instructions on everything

581 - 589 of 589 Posts