Club Touareg Forum banner

561 - 580 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was all the files moved to the SD card properly I just did mine 5 days ago and it worked on the folder or gives u instructions on how to install

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I successfully updated the nav on my 2014 Touareg Exec TDI. Followed the update instructions to the letter, the update took about 2hrs. I initially connected a Battery Tender but watched the battery voltage drop over a several minutes while listening to the radio and navigating the head unit. I replaced the batterytender with a Dewalt battery charger which maintained battery voltage during the update. I’m probably due to replace the factory battery soon. Thanks you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone interested in a map updated loaner program?

Id be interested as long as it has Canadian version and also if possible to use Google Maps format. Id be interested in a group buy. I would love to buy the item but not sure of the complex shell game for deposits etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there any indication that VW plans on releasing another update for the North American map? I don’t understand why 2018 is the latest version.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
779 Posts
There are add-on units which add Android/Android Auto/Car Play to the existing system. I'm not aware of a system which actually replaces the screen and 'brain' box, but that's not saying much.
I'm hesitant to get the add-on unit because that's a big investment down the drain if the screen or something else breaks. And the replacement screen would still be just as slow and balky as the original.
The OE system works well enough for me for now, but I'd be very interested in an updated replacement, not just an add-on.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,003 Posts
I don’t understand why 2018 is the latest version.
Because the system is 10 years old now, the RNS850 is way outdated, Touareg is no longer sold in NAR, etc. Be thankful you got a 2018 update lol.

Reactions: saleemtaj

·
Registered
16 Posts
Because the system is 10 years old now, the RNS850 is way outdated, Touareg is no longer sold in NAR, etc. Be thankful you got a 2018 update lol.
I updated my maps to RNS 850 v12 but the activation SD if failing. Any ideas you could help me with? I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg Execline TDI. (Brown over tan.)
14 Posts
Hi folks,

I just got a nice, clean 2011 Execline and noticed that the nav is not up to date.
Pressing Setup and Phone, I get:

Most software version: VW
MU Software: 0170

I assume this means it has never been updated since new.
Where do I start?

Thank you for your patience!
Randy.

561 - 580 of 589 Posts