Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 548 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a map updated loaner program?

You pay a deposit $350 (cost of new) for the maps and activator SD cards, and a small fee say $50 for the update for a week, and $25 for each additional week if needed.

When the cards are returned you get your refund back, and are only charged the $50 or more if you had it for more than a week.

The other thing I could do is a group purchase where people pay the $50 for the updates and I can provide a link for the map and activator downloads.
Note that the activator needs to be ordered by each vehicle...

What do you guys and gals like best?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Anyone interested in a map updated loaner program?

You pay a deposit $350 (cost of new) for the maps and activator SD cards, and a small fee say $50 for the update for a week, and $25 for each additional week if needed.

When the cards are returned you get your refund back, and are only charged the $50 or more if you had it for more than a week.

The other thing I could do is a group purchase where people pay the $50 for the updates and I can provide a link for the map and activator downloads.
Note that the activator needs to be ordered by each vehicle...

What do you guys and gals like best?
Why can't you just offer to send someone the SD cards for a fee which would also cover your shipping costs/sd card costs and they can keep em. You keep your original ones.
Not sure how many people feel comfortable w/a $350 refundable deposit fee.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why can't you just offer to send someone the SD cards for a fee which would also cover your shipping costs/sd card costs and they can keep em. You keep your original ones.
Not sure how many people feel comfortable w/a $350 refundable deposit fee.
That's why I was also thinking the download option.
That way people can use their own SD cards for the update and then use them for whatever after the fact.

Saves me from having to burn and ship cards all over and people having SD cards that they may never use again :nerd:

·
Registered
460 Posts
The DL option is a great idea. I've seen others post this in other threads but it requires you to sign in to the file hosting site to which I had no luck.
I read other threads at length and someone posted a link to a guy on a popular auction site selling genuine VW software and map updates and the activation code on SD cards with instructions on how to use them. I just purchased them and will see how they do.
He only has one left and I can't post links for another 2 posts or so, otherwise I would link it.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The DL option is a great idea. I've seen others post this in other threads but it requires you to sign in to the file hosting site to which I had no luck.
I read other threads at length and someone posted a link to a guy on a popular auction site selling genuine VW software and map updates and the activation code on SD cards with instructions on how to use them. I just purchased them and will see how they do.
He only has one left and I can't post links for another 2 posts or so, otherwise I would link it.
Let me know when you need to erase the error codes that you and he get :grin2:

My maps are also the genuine article. That's one thing I didn't want to mess with...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Let me know when you need to erase the error codes that you and he get :grin2:

My maps are also the genuine article. That's one thing I didn't want to mess with...
If I do get any error codes I'll be sure to ask. I'm thinking all should be good as these are genuine VW updates (see attached pic).
I'm pretty much only going to update the Firmware of the RNS850 initially. For the most part I always use my phone for maps/nav.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I do get any error codes I'll be sure to ask. I'm thinking all should be good as these are genuine VW updates (see attached pic).
I'm pretty much only going to update the Firmware of the RNS850 initially. For the most part I always use my phone for maps/nav.
They look like mine :wink2:

I'm here to help

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would be interested in the map update! I have read in other post that some people have had problems installing these updates and creating problems with the unit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If instructions are very clear and easy to follow, I am definitely interested. Close by in Connecticut!

What should the radio be updated to (RNS850 firmware version) before doing the map updates? I think my 2013 is whatever the original version was, never had an update.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If instructions are very clear and easy to follow, I am definitely interested. Close by in Connecticut!

What should the radio be updated to (RNS850 firmware version) before doing the map updates? I think my 2013 is whatever the original version was, never had an update.
Yes I can send instructions, you have to have at least version V711.

Maybe someone can share it, as that's one thing I do not have.

·
Registered
744 Posts
LOOKING for V711

Yes I can send instructions, you have to have at least version V711.

Maybe someone can share it, as that's one thing I do not have.
Searching searching.... I am unable to find this. I read a VERY long post about updating the radio software using a CD or SD card, but there is a GOOD version and a previous BAD version of the V711 software update floating around? I can't find the valid one I would need to do the update to V711.

If someone could post a good download link for it (V711) , THX.

1 - 20 of 548 Posts
About this Discussion
547 Replies
141 Participants
fleabag
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing