Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a US Touareg registered in Canada that falls under the adblue extended warranty that was just issued in both countries. I had to have the pump and heater replaced at considerable cost last year. VW Canada tells me that I have to get reimbursement from VW USA since it's a US vin car and they're not offering any help. The only way to contact them is by phone. Of course the 1 800 number doesn't work here and who knows how much I'll spend waiting on hold. People are saying that it's over an hour. ARGGG.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Call via skype. I use it to call toll free numbers around the world.

Can't help you on the wait. There is a section in the US manual on warranty work in Canada. Per it, I think it says something about submitting a bill for a warranty issue repaired in Canada via mail for a reimbursement. What I can't remember is if you submit it or if a US dealer has to submit it. Check your warranty manual- it's in there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the useful advice! I'll look into the Skype thing. The $1400 bill is worth making the effort.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI MJ, it worked well. You do need to go through VW USA for this extended warranty as it's a US vin, unlike with the tdi emissions thing.

They'll need a copy of your invoice or the place you got the work done so they can get it themselves. Then they look it over to see if it qualifies under the new warranty--said it could take up to 60 days.

The number is 1 800 822 8987 or 248 754 3883. Skype worked brilliantly. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't waste your time. Just got a call back from VW US. They said the warranty work has to be done in the US. Such bullshit. A Canadian VW service centre is not good enough. What a load

1 - 8 of 8 Posts