Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all,
I have a question for any of you with a RNS850 in the US and are SiriusXM subscribers: Do you loose your presets when SiriusXM sends out their channel lineup updates? This happens once or twice a month when they are messing with their channel lineups, reactivating free subscriptions for customers as promo, etc. It's my wife's car, and she has a lot of presets, so it really pisses her off. We've tried contacting SiriusXM, and I'm pretty sure their call center in India or wherever has never seen a satellite radio. I've never had this issue on my RNS510 on my Jetta.

Just trying to see if we're an isolated case or if this is a wide spread issue.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Before I dropped SiriusXM*, I only lost station presets if the station itself was removed from the lineup or moved to another channel number.

* dropped b/c they were pricey and obnoxious, and frankly I stream everything through my phone 90% of the time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Good morning all,
I have a question for any of you with a RNS850 in the US and are SiriusXM subscribers: Do you loose your presets when SiriusXM sends out their channel lineup updates? This happens once or twice a month when they are messing with their channel lineups, reactivating free subscriptions for customers as promo, etc. It's my wife's car, and she has a lot of presets, so it really pisses her off. We've tried contacting SiriusXM, and I'm pretty sure their call center in India or wherever has never seen a satellite radio. I've never had this issue on my RNS510 on my Jetta.

Just trying to see if we're an isolated case or if this is a wide spread issue.
Happens to us too, fortunately my wife is easy going and just sets up the p[resets again but we may drop service soon because we listen to only a handful of stations for the monthly fee.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just had this happen to me- channel lineup refresh, wiped all my presets. Very Annoying.
Anyone know of a way to backup the presets?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happened again yesterday morning, big PIA
I found a YouTube video of it happening, as well as a thread over on Vortex. Last time we spoke with SiriusXM, now they claim that it is a "known issue" by VW, but when I spoke with VW Customer Care, they couldn't point me to any TSB to reference. I have to bring the Touareg into the stealership on Saturday for another AdBlue heater recall, so I'm going to ask the dealer if they know about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts