Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ordered one yesterday, shipped last night and should be here tomorrow....

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Forgot to tell you to check for clearance. You have two versions. The last one is easier to mount in that it can be oriented the way you want it. Which one did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That’s the one then.
Be careful when tightening it.
Check the torque settings on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
That Fumoto valve works great. Uses an O-ring to seal, so that's why you don't want to torque it down too hard. So much easier, so much cleaner.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Went to change springs today but ended up taking lots of pictures of the under carriage instead.

I took pictures of the drain and fill ports for several items.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Today I did the 50K fluid swaps on the front and rear Diff, Transfer gear and engine oil. More on that with pictures later.

I went to do the transmission fluid / filter swap but before I drained that fluid I decided to confirm that my Passat / Tiguan fill tube would work on the Touareg.

Does anyone have a picture of the ZF 8 transmission fill tube?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So today I finished the fluids and wheels and the 50k maintenance is complete.

Yesterday

I changed front & rear diff fluid and transfer case fluid.

NONE of the three had enough fluid to be what I consider full or even adequate. When I opened the fill port nothing came out. I stuck the 90* of the Allen wrench in the hole and it came out dry. I then opened the drain plugs and fluid DID come out but I was surprised by how little.

Rear diff was ready for a change. Transfer case could have gone 10-20k longer. Front diff was still plenty good and didn't have to be changed.

I did not know what tool was needed for the transmission fill so I pushed that until today.

Today

I put on a bolt to stud conversion kit that included wheel spacers. Very happy with the results but I need an alignment ASAP.

I dropped the transmission pan and changed filter and fluid. Fluid looked good and could have gone longer but I will be doing it every 50K miles. Transmission had plenty of fluid in it. Not short like the diffs and transfer.

I changed the diesel fuel filter.

Now pics.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01GD using Tapatalk

21 - 29 of 29 Posts