Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of importing my Touareg 2014 from US into Sweden, where the car is already located.
The inspection requires modifying the tail lights to European standard which means that the directional tail lights should be amber. The VW dealer declared unable to perform this.
The Euro Touaregs use a different sector for this specific function, although externally the complete set looks the same. This means that modification to the cabling and control board might be needed.
Quite an interesting technical challenge if it were not for the time constraint. I have less than 1 month to fix it acc to the import process, therefore the urgency.

Any recommendation is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Ask on the UK site to broaden your European audience and contact Kufatec in Germany too. They speak English at Kufatec so don't be afraid to pick up the phone.

myTreg forums

www.kufatec.de

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
are they bulbs or should i assume LEDs

If bulbs buy amber ones.

Only one clue suggest it could be LED and that is (control board).

Find a auto electrician who can repair LEDs

I am doing this now with my Dectane rear lights.

Or buy the two outer unit lights from someone in Germany ... etc etc Europa

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I think his lenses are red so amber bulbs probably won't satisfy the Swedish regulations.

Living near US air bases in the UK, it was quite common to see separate amber lights fitted to the imported US cars' rear bumpers in order to comply with UK regs for ambers indicators/winkers [AKA turn signals!].

Will the Swedes accept such an arrangement?

Anyway, here's the Kufatec lights package. When it says it's not for US car I suspect that is because the indicators are amber! Regardless, pick up the phone!!

https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/volkswagen/touareg/touareg-7p/bundle-led-rear-lights-vw-touareg-7p

And here's Dectane

http://www.dectane-tuning.com/taillights_233_taillights-vw_41_41

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You are kidding me !!!!

bloody hell !!!! .... im off to have a lamb roast !!!!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
@OP I was forgetting that of course you may also need the rear offside fog warning light.

On older Touaregs this required a new headlight switch too if it wasn't already fitted.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My friend imported 2012 his Mustang to Germany and myself one Touareg.
He needed amber turnlights in the back, I could keep the red one and it's registered in my documents.

I assume its pending on the person who takes care for the check up and the documents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts