Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was sitting in the car with ignition on but engine not running to set up the wifes phone.
Warning came up of low battery so tried to start it but not enough charge to turn it over.
Can turn the ignition on to put it in neutra l but cannot get the park brake to release so we can push it out of the garage to jump start it.
How do I get the park brake to release to allow it the car to be pushed back.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
If you have a garage, you need to have a battery charger that plugs into the wall. They are lifesavers.

The best thing I can tell you is to turn off the vehicle for 30 minutes. Most lead acid batteries can recover a little bit in this time period. With a little luck, you might get the electronic parking brake to disengage at that time.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nickyt
Remembered it came with VW roadside assist so have called them.
Should be here in 30 minutes.
I have a battery charger but its at our apartment and we are currently house sitting for our daughter an hour away from home.

·
Super Moderator
1,712 Posts
first lesson learned Kym.

Hook up ancillary power to charging post under the bonnet....or have the engine running. She doesn't like running aux accessories on battery alone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
" She doesn't like running aux accessories on battery alone"

Obviously too many sensors and systems running in the background to have it on accessories for too long.
Won't do that again.
Roadside assist jump started it and all appears ok now.

·
Super Moderator
1,712 Posts
Any further issues Kym?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No further issues Steve although I haven't driven it since Sunday.
It started fine a couple of days later so appears the battery is ok was just flattened by my lack of knowledge.
Spoke to Glenn and have it booked in to have the ACC checked out tomorrow.
He indicated that adjusting the rear wheel alignment can throw the cameras out disabling the ACC, could also be the new tow bar installed by the dealer was not coded correctly or a faulty camera, sensor etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts