Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
As the title says, one of my girls had a New Guinea pig for no more than a minute and it jumped out of her hands and ran up the drivers side near the footrest (r/h drive) I can hear it behind the centre console but fear it can’t get out. I’m here tonight trying to find how to get it out, my girl will be devastated. Trying to avoid that. Any help? Obviously needs to be in the next day or so….. 🙏

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,810 Posts
wow...what a first post. Welcome.
Ummm....maybe leave some food in the car.... then keep a regular vigil on it?
If the car is outside (and is locked), then I'm sure the alarm will go off as soon as the vagrant makes his/her move.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. Certainly a doozy. I’ve got some food out. The kid lost her rabbit a few weeks ago, it got caught up in its cage and broke its neck so you can imagine how much this sucks. I’ve dropped the lower panel to give it some more room, and can hear and see its poop dropping down, just can’t see the bloody thing anywhere in there….

·
Registered
2013 Touareg R line V8 Diesel
392 Posts
Put a trap cage on the floor with some food. Leave it overnight and you should have a guinea pig in it in the morning waiting to be returned to your daughter. Then you just have to clean up the poop :eek:

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
509 Posts
Let's hope it takes the bit as taking the dashboard apart is a pig of a job.
Oooh....you had to address that particular elephant (in my room, at least)

well first of all I hope the gp returns safely to it's little friend, with the added bonus of no damage to the Treg and any of it's internals or hidden wiring looms.

Second of all, about that elephant. The left most air vent in my T2 has no air coming out of it (all the rest are fine). I've been dreading the fact that it might come to the need to disassemble the dash, something I don't think I would like to attempt myself, nor trust anyone else to do it, as I'm pretty sure something expensive will break.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Hi Bradstreg.
welcome to Club Touareg. Sounds like the guinea pig is scared and seeking a dark quiet place. Hunger WILL kick in, so I agree that a live trap with some food would lure it out (Probably overnight) or throw blankets over your windows to make it dark and quiet inside your Touareg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thanks so much everyone. I thought it might be trapped in some nook and cranny somewhere in there but this morning I saw it. It was tucked away just under the back of the instrument cluster. I reached up to try grab it but my hands are too big and it scurried away down behind the centre console somewhere. Have done as you suggested leaving food out and waiting for it to become so hungry it has no other option to come out. Another sleepless night on watch coming up!

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
1,960 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums.
When I read this thread title I thought maybe we were being trolled. Now I see it's for real I think the OP deserves some kind of prize for the most unique problem ever encountered in a Treg. ;)
As others have said hunger will get the little beast to come out. Getting it once it does is going to be a trick.
I would think a small live trap would be perfect as you could put the food in it to catch it live and get your kids pet back.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I'd set several large rat traps and buy another pig (but not tell your daughter what happened until your wedding speech!)

Harsh? Yup, but it will be quicker and less costly than finding the escapee has taken a liking to the Touareg's electrical insulation.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah. I've heard that Guinea Pigs are a delicacy in done countries. ;) Buy another one that is better trained. :giggle:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts