Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Elsawin. Dealership software. Available on ebay. Get a virtual machine running and if you’re good with computers you can have one running in an hour with all the good stuff. You can have only vw database if you want with the other three brands. Takes less space. Elsawin is for vw audi seat skoda. Elsawin 6 is the most recent version.
Add Etka to the virtual machine and you’re golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There is a custom cast aluminum housing sold by gruvenparts.com. They have the coolant pipe so you have a nice solid setup for about 300$. The problem is when the thermostat goes bad again you have to go back there again and remove everything. And that’s what pisses me off :)
Treg 3.2 has a lot of free space in the engine bay and I intend to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just came across a very interesting hack. As long as the thermostat is stuck open this might be the thermostat killer. A Renault 5 GT Turbo inline thermostat. I was thinking about the idea google whispered into my ears :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
After my experience of the day: relocating thermostat would be a nice thing ... why not seal thermostat lid and place the thermostat (inline) right after the radiator outlet :unsure:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Back on track. I'm going for a 3.2 to 3.6 upgrade. I re-checked the two system and they are the same. VW relocated the Thermostat housing as it a was a pain like PatTouareg experienced.
The housing will go to the side of the engine (driver side). I will make an adaptor as the bolting system on the 3.2 is not the same (different port configuration).
The water pipe diameter is bigger on the water pump side on the 3.6. I will have to make a custom one pipe too. I will be hacking/modding the URO 3.6 thermostat housing.
Whoever is in for a copy must speak or forever hold your peace :)

3.2 :

3.6:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts